Due to Sandy, the October MakeIt NYC: Secrets of Kickstarter Panel has been rescheduled as an Oct/Nov event on Tuesday, November 27th at 7:00pm, according to the MakeIt NYC Meetup page. While the event is currently sold out, they are looking to switch to a larger venue once power comes back on in lower Manhattan. Stay Tuned!
Oct/Nov MakeIt NYC: Secrets of Kickstarter Panel
- Date: Tuesday, November 27, 2012
- Time: 7:00 PM
- Venue: Federation of Protestant Welfare Agencies
- Address: 281 Park Avenue South, New York, NY
- Price: $7.50/per person
Secrets Of Kickstarter: What You Need To Know To Have A Successful Campaign:
MakeIt NYC is proud to present Kickstarter’s own Stephanie Pereira and an all-star panel of Kickstarter luminaries! If you’re considering doing a Kickstarter campaign, or even if you’re just curious to learn some inside ball, don’t miss this! Five successful projects tell you how they did it, and answer your questions, too.
The panel will be focused about how the panelists took their ideas and designs for real, physical things from the drawing board to delivering them as rewards at the conclusion of a successful campaign, and Stephanie will be sprinkling in her accumulated wisdom about Kickstarter. Topics include:
- Making a successful Kickstarter Video,
- Supporting your campaign with PR,
- Kickstarter metrics and statistics,
- Taking your idea through the prototype and fabrication stages,
- Low-volume and short-run manufacturing tips,
- Intellectual property and other legal issues,
- Surprises along the way,
- What the new changes to Kickstarter mean to them, and to you.
Read More to learn of updated panelists and venue details.
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — Steve Ballmer Serves Up a Fascinating Data Trove
Wearables — Chalk it up
Electronics — Look to ferrites (no, not ferrets, the European polecat) when faced with high frequency
Biohacking — A Run in the Altra IQ Smart Shoes
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.