NEW PRODUCT – Pulse Sensor Amped. Pulse Sensor Amped is a greatly improved version of the original Pulse Sensor, a plug-and-play heart-rate sensor for Arduino and Arduino compatibles. It can be used by students, artists, athletes, makers, and game & mobile developers who want to easily incorporate live heart-rate data into their projects.
Pulse Sensor Amped adds amplification and noise cancellation circuitry to the hardware. It’s noticeably faster and easier to get reliable pulse readings. Pulse Sensor Amped works with either a 3V and 5V Arduino.
Lastly, the Pulse Sensor creators have also streamlined and improved the Processing visualization software and Arduino code that comes with this hardware.
The kit includes:
- A 24-inch Color-Coded Cable, with a standard male header connectors. Plug it straight into an Arduino or a Breadboard. No soldering is required.
- An Ear Clip, perfectly sized to the sensor. It can be hot-glued or epoxied to the back of the sensor to get reading from an ear lobe.
- Parts to make a handy Velcro finger strap. This is another great way to get heart-rate data.
- 4 Transparent Stickers, to insulate the front of the Pulse Sensor from oily fingers and sweaty earlobes.
- The Pulse Sensor has 3 holes around the outside edge which make it easy to sew it into almost anything.
- Visualization software (made in Processing) to instantly see output of the sensor and for troubleshooting.
There is Arduino code and a Processing visualizer at the Pulse Sensor site!
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — Bunnie working with Snowden on phone tracking and also taking on the DMCA Section 1201 with the EFF
Wearables — Gluing gloves
Electronics — Code like everyone’s watching
Biohacking — Melatonin Hacking – Avoiding Blue Light Near Bedtime
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.