This 60 minute course covers the basics of Arduino. It spans from an overview of the board design (components, I/O, power, etc.) to the software development environment. Schuyler St. Leger (a.k.a. @DocProfSky), the instructor, then goes through several live examples of prototyping circuits using an Adruino Uno and a breadboard along with additional components.
Programming and circuit examples include:
1) Blinking the on-board LED.
2) Blinking an LED via the digital header I/O.
3) Adding a button switch into the circuit to control the LED’s on/off/on modes. This circuit expansion introduces a breadboard and the concept of a pull-down resistor to suppress electrical noise.
4) Using a potentiometer to control an LED’s blink rate. The inner workings of a potentiometer is also explained.
5) Using a potentiometer to control an LED’s brightness using Pulse Width Modulation (PWM.) The concept of PWM is also explained.
6) Controlling a servo motor.
7) Using a potentiometer to control a servo motor.
Stop breadboarding and soldering – start making immediately! Adafruit’s Circuit Playground is jam-packed with LEDs, sensors, buttons, alligator clip pads and more. Build projects with Circuit Playground in a few minutes with the drag-and-drop MakeCode programming site, learn computer science using the CS Discoveries class on code.org, jump into CircuitPython to learn Python and hardware together, TinyGO, or even use the Arduino IDE. Circuit Playground Express is the newest and best Circuit Playground board, with support for CircuitPython, MakeCode, and Arduino. It has a powerful processor, 10 NeoPixels, mini speaker, InfraRed receive and transmit, two buttons, a switch, 14 alligator clip pads, and lots of sensors: capacitive touch, IR proximity, temperature, light, motion and sound. A whole wide world of electronics and coding is waiting for you, and it fits in the palm of your hand.
Have an amazing project to share? The Electronics Show and Tell is every Wednesday at 7pm ET! To join, head over to YouTube and check out the show’s live chat – we’ll post the link there.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Maker Business — A development to watch: Intel in Ohio
Wearables — This sensor is the key to color detection
Electronics — Vias in pad?
Python for Microcontrollers — Python on Microcontrollers Newsletter: Python Still at #1, RISC-V Seeks World Domination and more! #Python #CircuitPython @micropython @ThePSF
Adafruit IoT Monthly — Detecting Water Pollution, Smart Girder, and more!
Microsoft MakeCode — MakeCode Thank You!
EYE on NPI — Maxim’s Himalaya uSLIC Step-Down Power Module #EyeOnNPI @maximintegrated @digikey
New Products – Adafruit Industries – Makers, hackers, artists, designers and engineers! — New Products 5/11/2022 Featuring Mini Traffic Light – 6.5cm tall!
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.