This 60 minute course covers the basics of Arduino. It spans from an overview of the board design (components, I/O, power, etc.) to the software development environment. Schuyler St. Leger (a.k.a. @DocProfSky), the instructor, then goes through several live examples of prototyping circuits using an Adruino Uno and a breadboard along with additional components.
Programming and circuit examples include:
1) Blinking the on-board LED.
2) Blinking an LED via the digital header I/O.
3) Adding a button switch into the circuit to control the LED’s on/off/on modes. This circuit expansion introduces a breadboard and the concept of a pull-down resistor to suppress electrical noise.
4) Using a potentiometer to control an LED’s blink rate. The inner workings of a potentiometer is also explained.
5) Using a potentiometer to control an LED’s brightness using Pulse Width Modulation (PWM.) The concept of PWM is also explained.
6) Controlling a servo motor.
7) Using a potentiometer to control a servo motor.
Make a robot friend with Adafruit’s CRICKIT – A Creative Robotics & Interactive Construction Kit. It’s an add-on to our popular Circuit Playground Express, FEATHER and other platforms to make and program robots with CircuitPython, MakeCode, and Arduino. Start controlling motors, servos, solenoids. You also get signal pins, capacitive touch sensors, a NeoPixel driver and amplified speaker output. It complements & extends your boards so you can still use all the goodies on the microcontroller, now you have a robotics playground as well.
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Maker Business — Despite multiple bankruptcies, RadioShack continues to find ways to keep the lights on
Wearables — Tape, meet 3D printing
Electronics — A few words on inductor resistance
Biohacking — Running Blades
Python for Microcontrollers — CircuitPython is officially awesome!
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.