This is a simple li-ion charger without a dedicated li-ion charger IC. This circuit can be used to efficiently and intelligently charge any single cell Li-ion battery pack like mobile battery, digicam battery, etc.
- Charging via mini-USB connector which is very common.
- Charging status display by LED
- Simple circuit by using opamp, resistor, and not by any complex dedicated IC or micro-controller.
- Charges completely drained (0V) battery packs.
- Max charging current 500mA(limited by USB supply), depending on battery.
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — Samsung & Batteries
Wearables — Vintage cosplay resources
Electronics — Hummm… 60Hz noise in your amplifier driving you nuts?
Biohacking — Logging the Temperature Around Me
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.