MariaMole @ dalpix.com. Alex writes –
MariaMole is an open-source project being developed by me, on my spare time. But it’s already fully functional. Check some of its features:
- Runs over Arduino install: MariaMole uses the Arduino software that you have installed, so all your Arduino configurations are kept. If you want, You can still use the original Arduino side-by-side to MariaMole.
- Workspace support multiple projects at the same time. Workspaces are special folders where you can group any number of projects. This helps you keep the projects organized, and allows working with several projects at the same time. If you have used Visual Studio, CodeLite, Code::Blocks, Eclipse or any other modern IDE, you know that this makes a difference. Specially if you’re designing a system with multiple Arduino boards talking each other, you’re gonna love the workspace feature!
- Multiple serial port consoles at the same time: And more: Once you open a serial console, it’s always available. You don’t have to close or re-open it again to upload your project to Arduino
- Files use open-formats: All project information and configuration are stored on a single XML file (Except for code!)
- Building process configurable: The Arduino IDE does a great job behind the scenes, but, sometimes, you’re gonna need to fine-tune the building sequence, add or replace libraries or change the compiler options. Of course, unless you ask for it, MariaMole works the same way as Arduino, building the whole project for you.
- Imports Arduino examples and sketches: You won’t have any problems to reuse your old sketches.
- Easily import Arduino libraries: A Wizard windows helps you with that. And also with adding new files to projects, importing other files, configuring the projects, etc.
- Color-themes: Do you prefer a dark color-scheme for code editing? No problem. This is the default for MariaMole. Or do you prefer writing your code against a white background? No problem yet! MariaMole comes with a light theme too. And you can design your own theme!
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — Presentation: Ten Year Futures – Benedict Evans
Wearables — Toy with inspiration
Electronics — Servo Pulses
Biohacking — Nutrigenomics – Personalized Vitamin Supplements Based on DNA
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.