This is the result of a sunday night of hacking together with a friend. It represent another step forward in the realisation of the christmas project of this blog, an open source web kiosk. I want the kiosk to be able to print, don’t ask me why. Now the printer works.
The ingredients you need to complete this tutorial are :
- A Raspberry Pi (we discussed in another post how we initially configured it) connected to a monitor
- An Adafruit Mini Thermal Receipt Printer (you can find the user manual here)
- A roll of 50’ long thermal receipt paper – the perfect amount for the thermal printer. BPA-free.
- 5V 2A power supply – an ideal supply for powering the thermal printer (and anything else that can use 5V power)
- 2.1mm DC jack adapter – makes it easy to attach the power supply to the printer
- Tape, red wine, a gospel playlist. (kidding, you don’t really need any tape now).
- I suggest you to buy the starter kit that contains everything you need (but the rpi).
Each Friday is PiDay here at Adafruit, be sure to check out our posts, tutorials and new Raspberry Pi related products. Have you tried the new “Adafruit Raspberry Pi Educational Linux Distro” ? It’s our tweaked distribution for teaching electronics using the Raspberry Pi. But wait, there’s more! Try our new Raspberry Pi WebIDE! The easiest way to learn programming on a Raspberry Pi.
Want a FREE RASPBERRY PI? All orders over $350 get a FREE Raspberry Pi Model B with 512MB RAM!
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — Bunnie working with Snowden on phone tracking and also taking on the DMCA Section 1201 with the EFF
Wearables — Gluing gloves
Electronics — Code like everyone’s watching
Biohacking — Melatonin Hacking – Avoiding Blue Light Near Bedtime
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.