NEW PRODUCT! Getting Started with Raspberry Pi by Matt Richardson & Shawn Wallace – What can you do with the Raspberry Pi, a $35 computer the size of a credit card? All sorts of things! If you’re learning how to program, or looking to build new electronic projects, this hands-on guide will show you just how valuable this flexible little platform can be.
This book takes you step-by-step through many fun and educational possibilities. Take advantage of several preloaded programming languages. Use the Raspberry Pi with Arduino. Create Internet-connected projects. Play with multimedia. With Raspberry Pi, you can do all of this and more.
- Get acquainted with hardware features on the Pi’s board
- Learn enough Linux to move around the operating system
- Pick up the basics of Python and Scratch—and start programming
- Draw graphics, play sounds, and handle mouse events with the Pygame framework
- Use the Pi’s input and output pins to do some hardware hacking
- Discover how Arduino and the Raspberry Pi complement each other
- Integrate USB webcams and other peripherals into your projects
- Create your own Pi-based web server with Python
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — Memorize Your Metrics
Wearables — Furry face
Electronics — Get the scoop on crystal capacitors
Biohacking — Hykso: Punch Tracking Sensors
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.