littleBits is looking for an excellent Product Developer/ Design Engineer to join the core team. You have to have great technical expertise in mechanical engineering and production processes, have a track record of creating and manufacturing products (preferably in mass) and understand Design for Manufacture very well.
You will work on helping develop, prototype and manufacture the current and next littleBits products, coordinate with our manufacturing partners and production team and creating scalable documentation. You must be very self-driven, have amazing attention to detail, have good management skills, but also have great team work and collaboration skills to interface with the rest of our design team, manufacturing team and CEO.
- Undergrad or Master’s Degree in Industrial Engineering/Product Design/Mechanical Engineering
- 7+ years experience
- Experience with working with product manufacture, especially in China, including injection molding (hard and soft tools), machining, metal stamping, ultrasonic welding and other manufacturing processes
- Experience in sourcing materials, samples and getting product prototypes made in-house and out
- Very well versed in SolidWorks, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience in prototyping and fabrication, including using a Laser Cutter, 3D Printer, and machine tools preferred
- Experience in creating 3D CAD mechanical drawings, and documentation with revisions
- Extensive experience in designing and creating mechanisms
- Experience in manufacturing electronics a plus
- Highly personable and able to work in teams
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- The chance to get in at the ground level of a world-changing company
- Competitive salary, benefits and options plan
- Fun, creative and challenging work environment
- Position is full-time in our Greenwich Village office
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — Heptagon acquired RF Digital in 2016 – then ams AG gets both … @amsAnalog #makerbusiness
Wearables — Test along the way
Electronics — Lithium chemistries
Biohacking — Using the Glucose Ketone Index
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.