Share your 3D designs and have them featured on WIRED!
3-D printing puts manufacturing on designers’ desks, at least for those who have access to a desktop printer. For the rest of us, Wired is inviting you to show off your 3-D design skills in our 3-D print-off. Send us your original, printable designs; we’ll post the submissions on our site, then select the ten coolest to print through Shapeways.com in one of many of their printable materials and feature in a photo gallery. Show the world your masterpiece, from your name in three-dimensional block letters, to a highly-detailed space demon sculpture, to a clever wall hanger for your iPad. There are no restrictions.
- Original content — no one here wants to deal with copyright lawyers. We’re fine with you posting your work that already exists on other sites if they allow it, though.
- Send as many entries as you like.
- Submissions should be optimized for 3-D printing; use a design-analyzing service like Will It 3D Print to determine printability. If it’s physically impossible to create, we won’t be able to select and print it.
- Size: Dimensions should fit into 4 in x 4 in x 4 in
- We reserve the right to modify winning designs to optimize their printability, but you ultimately own all rights to your design.
Every Thursday is #3dthursday here at Adafruit! The DIY 3D printing community has passion and dedication for making solid objects from digital models. Recently, we have noticed electronics projects integrated with 3D printed enclosures, brackets, and sculptures, so each Thursday we celebrate and highlight these bold pioneers!
Have you considered building a 3D project around an Arduino or other microcontroller? How about printing a bracket to mount your Raspberry Pi to the back of your HD monitor? And don’t forget the countless LED projects that are possible when you are modeling your projects in 3D!
The Adafruit Learning System has dozens of great tools to get you well on your way to creating incredible works of engineering, interactive art, and design with your 3D printer! If you’ve made a cool project that combines 3D printing and electronics, be sure to let us know, and we’ll feature it here!
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — Lessons Learned Scaling Airbnb 100X
Wearables — Start with a sketch
Electronics — When do I use X10?
Biohacking — What I Learned from Weighing Myself 15 Times in a Day
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.