Here’s a report from the first stage of a Pi Balancing Bot project in progress — that looks like it will use lots of great Adafruit gear! From Mark’s space dot com:
This is the first phase on my Balancing Robot project.
Which I think I will call PiBBot. (Pi balancing Bot)
I want to test all the components first before I put them in their final position on the frame for my balancing robot.
- Raspberry Pi rev 2
- Two breadboards
- 1.8″ TFT, connected via SPI
- Three 8×8 led matrix’s connected via I2C
- One MinIMU (Accelerometer, Gyro & Compass) all connected via I2C
- H-Bridge to control the motors
- Temperature sensor connected via I2C
- 315Mhz RF Receiver
- One LED
- Patched Kernel for SPI driver for the TFT
- Patched Kernel for PWM driver for PIN 18
- Created C program to display text on 8×8 Matrix
- Source a power supply(battery) for the motors and the Raspberry Pi
- Place it all on the final frame
- Create the code for the main program
- Learn C…
Each Friday is PiDay here at Adafruit, be sure to check out our posts, tutorials and new Raspberry Pi related products. Have you tried the new “Adafruit Raspberry Pi Educational Linux Distro” ? It’s our tweaked distribution for teaching electronics using the Raspberry Pi. But wait, there’s more! Try our new Raspberry Pi WebIDE! The easiest way to learn programming on a Raspberry Pi.
We now have Raspberry Pi Model B with 512MB RAM in stock and shipping now!
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — “China’s factories in Shenzhen can copy products at breakneck speed—and it’s time for the rest of the world to get over it”
Wearables — Glow, gemstone, glow
Electronics — Clarify your supply
Biohacking — The State of Mobile Health Apps
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.