Check out this fully-assembled Raspberry Pi GPIO shield that offers a number of handy advanced features for your Raspberry Pi. From Amescon.com:
Just plug the RasPiComm on the GPIO header of your Raspberry Pi and start using advanced features like a realtime clock (your Raspberry Pi won’t lose time when powered down), a 5-way joystick, outputs and two serial ports (RS-232 and RS-485). Directy control a display, a stepper motor controller or relays and much more!
The main features
- RS-485 port (control stepper motors and other cool stuff)
RS-232 port (easily talk to your computer or other serial port devices like a modem)
- real-time clock with battery backup – never lose time again when powering down your Raspberry Pi
- direct I2C connector – directly connect a display or sensors
- 5-way joystick – control your Raspberry Pi easily
a tiny piggyback board – no extra cables or space
- Full API support including drivers for an OLED display, an advanced stepper motor controller and a deamon for remote controlling your RasPiComm via Ethernet or WiFi
- Fully assembled including the backup-battery, ready to go! just plug it in!
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — Samsung & Batteries
Wearables — Vintage cosplay resources
Electronics — Hummm… 60Hz noise in your amplifier driving you nuts?
Biohacking — Hykso: Punch Tracking Sensors
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.