A lot of people have problems getting the Pi to work as a remote Spotify-player. This bootable image makes it a lot easier. As a bonus, it includes AirTunes support.
- Working Spotify server based on Mopidy, which can be remotely controlled with a nice browser-interface, or with an MPD-client
- AirTunes streaming
- No need for tinkering, no need to use the Linux commandline
- USB Audio support (supporting all kinds of USB soundcards, speakers, headphones).
- The analog port works, but the sound quality is not great. Flat so to say. This is a hardware problem (to get the Pi as cheap as it is, they had to use cheap hardware to produce sound). An external USB soundcard is recommended for better sound quality.
- Wifi support (WPA, if the Pi-kernel supports your wifi-adapter)
- This image is also a great way to get started with tinkering for other ways of using the Pi as a Music playing device, because it solves a lot of problems. (Mopidy can e.g. be modified to play local music-files, but it’s not enabled at the moment.)
- Working Raspberry Pi
- Speakers/amplifier (analog or USB)
- SD Card, 2GB minimum (tested on a 4GB model. It can probably run on a 1GB, but then you need to resize the partitions)
- Computer with a modern browser; tablet or phone. The webinterface is tested with recent versions of Firefox, Chrome and iOS (iPad/iPhone), modern versions of Android (Chrome Mobile, Firefox Mobile). Internet Explorer version 10 works with the webinterface, earlier versions don’t. You can also use an MPD client to connect.
- Spotify Premium account for streaming.
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — Shenzhen: The Silicon Valley of Hardware (Full Documentary) and Who invests in hardware?
Wearables — Take flight with shiny wings
Electronics — Inadequate volt signal
Biohacking — The Upside of GMOs (Genetically Modified Organisms)
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.