Faraday Bicycles is accepting applications for a full time embedded systems engineer to join our team. This is a key position to lead the design, development, testing, and production of the embedded systems for Faraday’s current and future product offerings. The ideal candidate will be an exceptionally talented, hands-on, and creative engineer who shares our vision for creating beautiful, innovative new products. Electrical and Mechanical engineering candidates are equally well-suited for the job provided you have sufficient familiarity with embedded systems, firmware, and circuit board design, assembly, and testing.
Key responsibilities + expectations:
- Design, layout, assembly, and testing of circuit boards ranging from analog electronics, serial communication/micros, LED lighting systems, and external sensors.
- Authorship and maintenance of a firmware library.
- Work with senior powertrain engineer on high-level electrical system design, integration of battery system with motor control and vehicle state system.
- Design (in collaboration with ME) of wiring harnesses and connector selection.
- Design for manufacturability of wire harnesses, electrical housings, and other components.
- Battery and battery pack testing, general electrical assembly, testing, debugging, and troubleshooting.
- Management of electrical technicians, where appropriate.
- Thorough documentation of work on electrical hardware and software.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally when necessary.
Experience + Qualifications:
- BS or MS in electrical engineering or mechatronics.
- 2+ years industry experience, preferably in embedded systems.
- Proficient with ModBus/UART serial communication languages/protocols.
- Experience with Eagle CAD or other schematic/layout package.
- Familiarity with PIC and AVR families of microcontrollers.
- Some experience with electric vehicles, electric motors, and batteries / battery balancing systems is a strong plus.
- Familiarity with manufacturing processes and standards for electrical components preferred.
- Experience taking product to market strongly preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Love of bicycles – what great engineer doesn’t?
The Bottom Line
We’re looking for a creative and forward-thinking engineer who shares our vision for this company and our willingness to work extremely hard, in a start-up environment, to bring that vision to life. Do you have a track record of solving complex engineering challenges and delivering outstanding products? Are you hands-on, action-oriented, and happiest rolling up your sleeves? Are you an EV tinkerer, hacker, robotics guru, or BattleBots champion? Can you imagine anything more exciting than helping bring what’s been described as “one of the most eagerly anticipated new bicycles in years” to life?
Faraday Bicycles is an early stage start-up dedicated to revolutionary bicycle innovation and design. We are engineers, designers, and industry veterans who passionately believe that better bikes make a better world. Faraday is building an unmatched lineup of sophisticated electric city bicycles and accessories specifically designed to meet the needs of commuters and urban and suburban lifestyle cyclists.
Adafruit has had paid day off for voting for our team for years, if you need help getting that going for your organization, let us know – we can share how and why we did this as well as the good results. Here are some resources for voting by mail, voting in person, and some NY resources for our NY based teams as well. If there are additional resources to add, please let us know – adafruit.com/vote
Stop breadboarding and soldering – start making immediately! Adafruit’s Circuit Playground is jam-packed with LEDs, sensors, buttons, alligator clip pads and more. Build projects with Circuit Playground in a few minutes with the drag-and-drop MakeCode programming site, learn computer science using the CS Discoveries class on code.org, jump into CircuitPython to learn Python and hardware together, TinyGO, or even use the Arduino IDE. Circuit Playground Express is the newest and best Circuit Playground board, with support for CircuitPython, MakeCode, and Arduino. It has a powerful processor, 10 NeoPixels, mini speaker, InfraRed receive and transmit, two buttons, a switch, 14 alligator clip pads, and lots of sensors: capacitive touch, IR proximity, temperature, light, motion and sound. A whole wide world of electronics and coding is waiting for you, and it fits in the palm of your hand.
Have an amazing project to share? The Electronics Show and Tell is every Wednesday at 7pm ET! To join, head over to YouTube and check out the show’s live chat – we’ll post the link there.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Maker Business — To make it through a tough business cycle, layoffs should be a last resort
Wearables — Ornaments to the rescue
Electronics — Keep track of those rails!
Python for Microcontrollers — Python on Microcontrollers Newsletter: VSC for RasPi/Chromebook, projects and more! #Python #Adafruit #CircuitPython #ElectronicHalloween @micropython @ThePSF
Adafruit IoT Monthly — Matrix Portal, Solar Lawn Sprinkler and more!
Microsoft MakeCode — micro:bit version 2 Announced!
EYE on NPI — Maxim’s Himalaya uSLIC Step-Down Power Module #EyeOnNPI @maximintegrated @digikey
New Products – Adafruit Industries – Makers, hackers, artists, designers and engineers! — New Products 10/14/2020 featuring Adafruit Grayscale 1.5″ OLED Graphic Display – STEMMA QT/Qwiic!
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.