Faraday Bicycles is accepting applications for a full time embedded systems engineer to join our team. This is a key position to lead the design, development, testing, and production of the embedded systems for Faraday’s current and future product offerings. The ideal candidate will be an exceptionally talented, hands-on, and creative engineer who shares our vision for creating beautiful, innovative new products. Electrical and Mechanical engineering candidates are equally well-suited for the job provided you have sufficient familiarity with embedded systems, firmware, and circuit board design, assembly, and testing.
Key responsibilities + expectations:
- Design, layout, assembly, and testing of circuit boards ranging from analog electronics, serial communication/micros, LED lighting systems, and external sensors.
- Authorship and maintenance of a firmware library.
- Work with senior powertrain engineer on high-level electrical system design, integration of battery system with motor control and vehicle state system.
- Design (in collaboration with ME) of wiring harnesses and connector selection.
- Design for manufacturability of wire harnesses, electrical housings, and other components.
- Battery and battery pack testing, general electrical assembly, testing, debugging, and troubleshooting.
- Management of electrical technicians, where appropriate.
- Thorough documentation of work on electrical hardware and software.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally when necessary.
Experience + Qualifications:
- BS or MS in electrical engineering or mechatronics.
- 2+ years industry experience, preferably in embedded systems.
- Proficient with ModBus/UART serial communication languages/protocols.
- Experience with Eagle CAD or other schematic/layout package.
- Familiarity with PIC and AVR families of microcontrollers.
- Some experience with electric vehicles, electric motors, and batteries / battery balancing systems is a strong plus.
- Familiarity with manufacturing processes and standards for electrical components preferred.
- Experience taking product to market strongly preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Love of bicycles – what great engineer doesn’t?
The Bottom Line
We’re looking for a creative and forward-thinking engineer who shares our vision for this company and our willingness to work extremely hard, in a start-up environment, to bring that vision to life. Do you have a track record of solving complex engineering challenges and delivering outstanding products? Are you hands-on, action-oriented, and happiest rolling up your sleeves? Are you an EV tinkerer, hacker, robotics guru, or BattleBots champion? Can you imagine anything more exciting than helping bring what’s been described as “one of the most eagerly anticipated new bicycles in years” to life?
Faraday Bicycles is an early stage start-up dedicated to revolutionary bicycle innovation and design. We are engineers, designers, and industry veterans who passionately believe that better bikes make a better world. Faraday is building an unmatched lineup of sophisticated electric city bicycles and accessories specifically designed to meet the needs of commuters and urban and suburban lifestyle cyclists.
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — Former Arduino co-founder Gianluca Martino is working on an Arduino programmable
Wearables — Scale it down
Electronics — A short lesson in RF protection
Biohacking — Halo Sport Prosumer Grade tDCS
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.