Desktop Applications Software Engineer
Are you passionate about the DIY/Maker movement? Do you want to help create a new kinds of CNC machine interfaces for the making public? We are looking for adesktop applications software engineer to lead development of exciting new consumer-oriented design tools.
OtherFab is a San Francisco based hardware & software startup in the heart of the Mission District. We are looking for talented, passionate folks to help us build the future of desktop manufacturing and design!
– Strong Object-oriented programming and design skills.
– Experience with Cocoa/Objective-C, iOS or AppKit.
– Knowledge of C++/C, memory management, networking protocols.
– Experience with 3D UI development, and application UI development.
– Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills.
– Passion for quality, and a strong attention to detail & aesthetics.
– Excited about constantly learning new technologies.
– Experience writing networked applications.
– Comfortable writing multi-threaded, asynchronous code.
– Ability to optimize code for performance, experience with profiling.
– Ability to create rapid UI prototypes.
– Ability to code custom widgets and controls from design specifications.
– Familiar with CNC machines and the current state of the art in CAD/CAM software.
– Familiarity with Atmel chip family, and embedded development practices.
– Develop desktop and mobile CAD/CAM applications for the consumer market.
– Work with designers and engineers to help define and implement a world class user interface.
– Scope features, and help define product roadmap.
– 5 years or greater experience developing consumer facing desktop applications.
– BS in computer science, or equivalent.
– Portfolio of past projects.
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — Makies Power Down, For Now
Wearables — Weather the storm
Electronics — How to make your own magnetic field probe!
Biohacking — Data After Death
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.