Desktop Applications Software Engineer
Are you passionate about the DIY/Maker movement? Do you want to help create a new kinds of CNC machine interfaces for the making public? We are looking for adesktop applications software engineer to lead development of exciting new consumer-oriented design tools.
OtherFab is a San Francisco based hardware & software startup in the heart of the Mission District. We are looking for talented, passionate folks to help us build the future of desktop manufacturing and design!
– Strong Object-oriented programming and design skills.
– Experience with Cocoa/Objective-C, iOS or AppKit.
– Knowledge of C++/C, memory management, networking protocols.
– Experience with 3D UI development, and application UI development.
– Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills.
– Passion for quality, and a strong attention to detail & aesthetics.
– Excited about constantly learning new technologies.
– Experience writing networked applications.
– Comfortable writing multi-threaded, asynchronous code.
– Ability to optimize code for performance, experience with profiling.
– Ability to create rapid UI prototypes.
– Ability to code custom widgets and controls from design specifications.
– Familiar with CNC machines and the current state of the art in CAD/CAM software.
– Familiarity with Atmel chip family, and embedded development practices.
– Develop desktop and mobile CAD/CAM applications for the consumer market.
– Work with designers and engineers to help define and implement a world class user interface.
– Scope features, and help define product roadmap.
– 5 years or greater experience developing consumer facing desktop applications.
– BS in computer science, or equivalent.
– Portfolio of past projects.
Stop breadboarding and soldering – start making immediately! Adafruit’s Circuit Playground is jam-packed with LEDs, sensors, buttons, alligator clip pads and more. Build projects with Circuit Playground in a few minutes with the drag-and-drop MakeCode programming site, learn computer science using the CS Discoveries class on code.org, jump into CircuitPython to learn Python and hardware together, TinyGO, or even use the Arduino IDE. Circuit Playground Express is the newest and best Circuit Playground board, with support for CircuitPython, MakeCode, and Arduino. It has a powerful processor, 10 NeoPixels, mini speaker, InfraRed receive and transmit, two buttons, a switch, 14 alligator clip pads, and lots of sensors: capacitive touch, IR proximity, temperature, light, motion and sound. A whole wide world of electronics and coding is waiting for you, and it fits in the palm of your hand.
Have an amazing project to share? The Electronics Show and Tell is every Wednesday at 7pm ET! To join, head over to YouTube and check out the show’s live chat – we’ll post the link there.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Maker Business — Pololu’s account of the chip shortage
Wearables — More manicure tools for rugged circuits
Electronics — Probes aren’t perfect!
Python for Microcontrollers — Python on Microcontrollers Newsletter: CircuitPython Multitasking, Dune Gom Jabbar and more! #Python #Adafruit #CircuitPython @micropython @ThePSF
Adafruit IoT Monthly — Coffee Routine, IoT Cat, ESP32-S2 Feather, and more!
Microsoft MakeCode — MakeCode Thank You!
EYE on NPI — Maxim’s Himalaya uSLIC Step-Down Power Module #EyeOnNPI @maximintegrated @digikey
New Products – Adafruit Industries – Makers, hackers, artists, designers and engineers! — New Products 12/1/21 feat. Adafruit Gift Certificates!
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.