In the spirit of a nice afternoon project, I’d encourage you to use what’s laying around if it’s close to the specs here. But if you’re going to buy all these parts ahead of time like I do, hopefully it will help to use the product links below. While I love Amazon, please try and support great suppliers like Adafruit, who have a great forum community, customer service and tutorial section!
- Raspberry Pi Model B (Although a Model A might work, it wasn’t used for this build.) Get it from Adafruit or Amazon.
- 5VDC USB Power Supply (For some reason, I had 2 of these in the bottom of a box, but this one would work great too.)
- 16GB SDHC Memory Card (I used this one, but feel free to use whatever you have laying around- this tutorial might not work with smaller density cards, so beware.)
- HDMI Monitor and HDMI Cable (I happen to have this one, but anyone should do.)
- 3TB External Hard Drive (I used this one.)
- A USB to SDHC Adapter (Like this one.)
- USB Keyboard
Each Friday is PiDay here at Adafruit, be sure to check out our posts, tutorials and new Raspberry Pi related products. Have you tried the new “Adafruit Raspberry Pi Educational Linux Distro” ? It’s our tweaked distribution for teaching electronics using the Raspberry Pi. But wait, there’s more! Try our new Raspberry Pi WebIDE! The easiest way to learn programming on a Raspberry Pi.
We now have Raspberry Pi Model B with 512MB RAM in stock and shipping now!
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — “Analog Devices to Buy Linear Technology for $14.8 Billion”
Wearables — Practice patience
Electronics — Look to ferrites (no, not ferrets, the European polecat) when faced with high frequency
Biohacking — TCAPS and Mary Roach on The 99% Invisible Podcast
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.