NEW PRODUCT – Conductive Hook & Loop Tape (Velcro) – 3″ long – Conductive hook & loop tape is just like the “Velcro” you’ve seen on clothes and bags, but is coated with silver to make it fully conductive. Originally this was designed to the manufacture of static-safe clothing, but it’s great for wearable applications as well. For example an on-off switch or sensor.
Each order ships with three inches of BOTH halves, it’s easily sewn or cut.
- Expected cycle life: 5000 openings/closings
- Shear strength: 12.3 psi (new) / 6.7 psi (after 5000 cycles)
- Peel strength: 1.2 piw (new) / 0.8 piw (after 5000 cycles)
- Weight: 0.15 oz/in²
- Weight of 3″ piece: 1.38g
- Mated thickness: 1/8 in
- Resistivity: Hook: 1.8 Ohm per sq, Loop: 1.4 Ohm per sq, 0.8 Ohm through mated closure
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — Lessons Learned Scaling Airbnb 100X
Wearables — Start with a sketch
Electronics — When do I use X10?
Biohacking — Book Recommendation: Autonomous by Annalee Newitz
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.