NEW PRODUCT – Conductive Hook & Loop Tape (Velcro) – 3″ long – Conductive hook & loop tape is just like the “Velcro” you’ve seen on clothes and bags, but is coated with silver to make it fully conductive. Originally this was designed to the manufacture of static-safe clothing, but it’s great for wearable applications as well. For example an on-off switch or sensor.
Each order ships with three inches of BOTH halves, it’s easily sewn or cut.
- Expected cycle life: 5000 openings/closings
- Shear strength: 12.3 psi (new) / 6.7 psi (after 5000 cycles)
- Peel strength: 1.2 piw (new) / 0.8 piw (after 5000 cycles)
- Weight: 0.15 oz/in²
- Weight of 3″ piece: 1.38g
- Mated thickness: 1/8 in
- Resistivity: Hook: 1.8 Ohm per sq, Loop: 1.4 Ohm per sq, 0.8 Ohm through mated closure
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — “Inside One of the World’s Most Secretive iPhone Factories”
Wearables — It’s not cheating
Electronics — Blown transistor?
Biohacking — “1 Minute of All-Out Exercise May Have Benefits of 45 Minutes of Moderate Exertion”
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.