This position is available immediately! (April 19, 2013)
Parallax Inc. is a small (40 employees) privately held company located in Rocklin, California. Parallax designs and manufactures microcontroller development tools and small single-board computers that are used by electronic engineers, educational institutions, and hobbyists. The company’s abilities include manufacturing, marketing, sales, technical support, and assembly, both domestically and abroad. Examples of how Parallax customers use our products can be viewed on our website www.parallax.com
Parallax is looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated, organized, and knowledgeable individual to work as a Technical Sales Account Manager in the Marketing Department. This position is a regular full-time and exempt level position that requires working in the Rocklin, CA facility, reporting to Parallax’s Director of Marketing and Education. The primary purpose of the Technical Sales Account Manager is to identify the new and cultivate the existing business opportunities, grow and develop Parallax’s position in the industry while maintaining relationships and the company’s focus on customer service and superior quality. Successful candidates will do all of this by demonstrating their knowledge in sales, analytics, strategic planning, customer relationship management, and global travel. Applicants that enjoy a fast-paced work environment and who thrive while juggling multiple competing tasks and demands are encouraged to apply.
Duties associated with position include:
• Convey expertise in Parallax products, services, and capabilities by presenting the company’s vision and product roadmap; capturing various audiences ranging from internal staff, school districts and universities, industry experts, and distributors.
• Travel to generate new business and meet with current distributors (travel up to 50% of the time).
• Represent Parallax at 4-6 events per year; establish rapport and follow-up with frequent Skype/phone meetings.
• Demonstrate expert use of the company’s Customer Relationship Management system.
• Employ technical aptitude for querying and analyzing large volumes of data from multiple sources; provide accurate and timely reporting of critical sales data with management to identify opportunities, clarify assumptions, uncover potential problems, and meet sales initiatives.
• Integrate with Marketing and Engineering departments; maximize use of extracted data to support decision making for new products, initiatives, and market demands.
• Create, review, and revise distribution channels in consideration of a well-balanced, productive assortment for both domestic and international growth.
• Support, guide, and educate distributors by learning and adapting to their processes to guarantee that their websites provide a correct and current array of Parallax products. Offer further education to properly segment the professional products from those specific to education, hobby, and open-source. Accomplish all of this with in-person meetings as necessary.
• Maintain projections for larger, repetitive purchases; provide and review data with Marketing and Purchasing on a quarterly basis.
• Adhere to pricing structure, carefully allowing exceptions; perform regular pricing profile maintenance and recommend/implement sales and gross profit improvements.
• Read, review, modify, and write agreements while working with assistance from internal legal staff.
• Coordinate and arrange travel according to trip budget; complete timely and accurate travel expense reports.
• Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years in technology.
• 2-3 successful years of experience in outside sales.
• Familiar with microcontrollers is a plus; interest to learn and become a user is required.
• Willing and able to travel globally both independently and with a team (travel up to 50% of the time)
• Valid and clean motor vehicle report.
• Valid and renewable passport.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills with verbal, written, and face-to-face communication; confident and charismatic public speaking experience.
• Clear and productive communication style that can vary based on intended audience.
• Comfortable with representing the company in front of a camera.
• Highly proficient with Word, Google Apps, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Gmail.
• Experience with Crystal Reports, CRM, and enterprise resource planning (ERP) software (SysPro) is preferred.
• Proficient in the use of statistics and other quantitative techniques to evaluate data.
• Demonstrated ability to write and present analytical summaries to all levels.
• Detail oriented, self starter with a high emphasis on teamwork, timeliness, and quality of work.
OTHER RELATED DUTIES:
• Any other duties as needed or assigned.
• Enthusiasm, positive attitude, ability to work well with others and a friendly, polite demeanor.
• Willing and motivated to learn more about the above items as necessary.
• Able to contribute to cooperative meetings.
• Able to take on new tasks that arise from future needs in the department/company.
• Ensuring quality control.
Salary determined on employment, commensurate with experience, qualifications and enthusiasm.