NEW PRODUCT – Parallax Propeller Activity Board – Introducing the Propeller Activity Board!
Do more with eight cores. Harnessing the power of the 8-core Propeller microcontroller is now easier than ever before! With built-in sockets and pre-written C libraries, Parallax provides the resources for you to bring your project from idea to reality.
The Propeller Activity Board gives you direct access to the most popular Propeller peripherals, including:
- XBee socket — control or receive data from your invention wirelessly
- microSD card holder — log sensor data or add WAV files
- Mini audio/stereo jack — listen to those WAV files or synthesized speech
- 3-pin headers — quickly connect to servos, serial LCDs, etc.
- Breadboard — build and rebuild circuits without soldering (or desoldering!)
- A/D and D/A converters — read or set the voltage your project needs
- USB or power supply — the choice is yours
Get started today by exploring the Propeller C Tutorials and see just how easy it is to digitize your creativity.
- Dimensions: 101.6mm / 4″ x 77.62mm / 3″ x 14.91mm / .58″
- Prop activity board guide
- Built-in 8-core Propeller P8X32A microcontroller, 64 KB EEPROM and 5 MHz crystal oscillator
- Breadboard, sockets for power and I/O access, and six servo ports with power-select jumpers for easy prototyping
- Automatically selects between USB and external power sources and provides USB over-current protection
- 6–9 V center-positive 2.1 mm barrel jack for external power supplies
- Convenient reset button and 3-position power switch
- Onboard mini stereo-audio jack
- Built-in microSD card slot for datalogging, WAV files, etc.
- XBee wireless module socket simplifies advanced applications
- Dedicated analog header sockets provide four A/D 12-bit inputs and two buffered variable-resolution D/A outputs
- 4-pin header for connecting I/O pins to the XBee RF socket
- Indicator lights show the status of system power, servo power, two analog output levels, XBee Tx/Rx, and USB Tx/Rx
- 3.3 V and 5 V linear voltage regulators
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — “If Work Is Digital, Why Do We Still Go to the Office?”
Wearables — Stiff upper lip
Electronics — Signature required?
Biohacking — BBC Biohacking: Technology and Health
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.