UPDATED PRODUCT – Budget Pack for Raspberry Pi (Does not include Raspberry Pi) – An optimized collection of parts and pieces to experiment with Raspberry Pi at home, school or work. Great for students and those that want to get their feet wet, no soldering required! THIS PACK DOES NOT INCLUDE A RASPBERRY PI
- New! Adafruit Pi Case – Keeps your Pi snug and safe, and is compatible with the GPIO cable and cobbler! Durable and chic, snaps together in seconds.
- 3′ long USB Micro-B Cable – Use this to power the Pi from a computer or the 5V 1A adapter
- 5V 1A power adapter – this ain’t no regular USB power plug! We had these custom made specifically for use with embedded Linux machines like the Pi. It provides clean 1A minimum with 5.25V to overcome the 0.25V drop of the USB cable
- SD Card 4GB size – 2GB is a little too small, we think. This card works perfectly with our reader below and is ideal for loading in our educational Pi distro
- Adafruit Pi Cobbler kit with GPIO cable – fully assembled and tested! No soldering required– makes connecting to the GPIO/I2C/SPI/Power pins easy as pie
- Half-size solderless breadboard – Space to plug in the Cobbler and some other electronic parts
- Breadboarding wires – These flexible wires come in various colors and are easier to use than ‘cut wire’ kits
This pack is a great way to start and will let you burn our Adafruit hacking distro to the SD card, connect your Pi to the ‘net and check out our many Pi tutorials to whet your appetite This pack has only the basics to get you started. That allows us to keep the price low while giving you the choice of what accessories to add in. Once you have the pack, check out our free online tutorials for Raspberry Pi!
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.