We’re happy to announce the release of a new version of the Arduino software, version 1.0.5. Barring any unexpected bugfixes, this is the final planned release of the 1.0 series of the IDE. Future releases will be from the 1.5 branch that has been in beta since last summer.
With that excitement out of the way, let’s get to the new features :
- New library import functionality to install libraries directly from a .zip file in the IDE. You can see more information about this on the installing 3rd party libraries page.
- A Windows installer, which will hopefully streamline the process of setting up the IDE and drivers.
- Windows signed drivers. This means Windows 8 will no longer prevent you from installing Arduino drivers.
- The application is signed for OSX 10.8 (this was part of 1.0.4, but we thought it was so nice it deserved another mention).
- Updated WiFi library with UDP support.
- Support for the Arduino Robot and TFT screen. The TFT library is based on a number of Adafruit libraries, and the Robot library relies on many 3rd party libraries.
- Various bugfixes and optimizations, look at the release notes for a complete description.
Special thanks to everyone who contributed on this release. You rock.
Future releases of the IDE will support multiple architectures (like the ARM used in the Due). There is also a new library and 3rd party board implementation being introduced. You can read more about these on the 1.5 library specification and 3rd party hardware support pages
This is a great release.
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — How Intel Makes a Chip
Wearables — Go magnetic
Electronics — LED colors: what they tell you
Biohacking — Brainding – Circuit Bending Using an EEG
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.