The Hardware Summer Camp teaches early-stage hardware entrepreneurs the actionable skills they need to go from prototype to sellable product. Industry leaders will give talks on all the topics (listed below) that you need through every stage of the process. Participants will also have the chance to meet one-on-one with hardware pros to discuss goals / challenges within their company.
The Hardware Summer Camp will take place on June 15th-16th at O’Reilly Alpha Tech Ventures in San Francisco.
– Ariel Braunstein & Scott Kabat, founders of Flip Video
– Dale Dougherty, founder of Maker Media
– Eric Migicovsky, founder of Pebble
– Dave Merrill, founder of Sifteo
– and many more!
– Prototyping and Human Centered Design
– How to Pitch your Hardware Startup
– Preparing for a Crowdfunding Campaign
– Finding / Working with your Contract Manufacturer
– Functional Testing & Certification UL/CE
– Packaging & Kitting
– Marketing / PR / Branding
– Order Management & Fulfillment
– Getting into Big Box Stores
– Community & Customer Service
– Building a Hardware Platform
Nick is answering questions about the event on Reddit.
Make a robot friend with Adafruit’s CRICKIT – A Creative Robotics & Interactive Construction Kit. It’s an add-on to our popular Circuit Playground Express, FEATHER and other platforms to make and program robots with CircuitPython, MakeCode, and Arduino. Start controlling motors, servos, solenoids. You also get signal pins, capacitive touch sensors, a NeoPixel driver and amplified speaker output. It complements & extends your boards so you can still use all the goodies on the microcontroller, now you have a robotics playground as well.