The Hardware Summer Camp teaches early-stage hardware entrepreneurs the actionable skills they need to go from prototype to sellable product. Industry leaders will give talks on all the topics (listed below) that you need through every stage of the process. Participants will also have the chance to meet one-on-one with hardware pros to discuss goals / challenges within their company.
The Hardware Summer Camp will take place on June 15th-16th at O’Reilly Alpha Tech Ventures in San Francisco.
– Ariel Braunstein & Scott Kabat, founders of Flip Video
– Dale Dougherty, founder of Maker Media
– Eric Migicovsky, founder of Pebble
– Dave Merrill, founder of Sifteo
– and many more!
– Prototyping and Human Centered Design
– How to Pitch your Hardware Startup
– Preparing for a Crowdfunding Campaign
– Finding / Working with your Contract Manufacturer
– Functional Testing & Certification UL/CE
– Packaging & Kitting
– Marketing / PR / Branding
– Order Management & Fulfillment
– Getting into Big Box Stores
– Community & Customer Service
– Building a Hardware Platform
Nick is answering questions about the event on Reddit.
Stop breadboarding and soldering – start making immediately! Adafruit’s Circuit Playground is jam-packed with LEDs, sensors, buttons, alligator clip pads and more. Build projects with Circuit Playground in a few minutes with the drag-and-drop MakeCode programming site, learn computer science using the CS Discoveries class on code.org, jump into CircuitPython to learn Python and hardware together, TinyGO, or even use the Arduino IDE. Circuit Playground Express is the newest and best Circuit Playground board, with support for CircuitPython, MakeCode, and Arduino. It has a powerful processor, 10 NeoPixels, mini speaker, InfraRed receive and transmit, two buttons, a switch, 14 alligator clip pads, and lots of sensors: capacitive touch, IR proximity, temperature, light, motion and sound. A whole wide world of electronics and coding is waiting for you, and it fits in the palm of your hand.