Atlanta-based Hyrel 3D has created a new extruder, which can print with Clay, Plasticine and even Play-Doh and RTV Silicone.
According to Daniel Hutchison of Hyrel 3D, this HYREL Emulsifiable Extruder (EMO1) has several advantages including:
- The cartridge-based system, which the user can load themselves.
- The ability to reuse the material. Thus it has a very low impact on the environment.
- Modular, using Hyrel 3D’s patent pending interchangeable head technology.
- Currently operated at room temperature, with no extra heat requirements, therefore no chance of getting burned.
- Perfect for schools – from Elementary up!
- Does not require a homogenized build environment (air ducts do not affect the prints).
- Safe and Non-toxic (clay, plasticine & Play-Doh).
- Variety of materials is virtually limitless
Every Thursday is #3dthursday here at Adafruit! The DIY 3D printing community has passion and dedication for making solid objects from digital models. Recently, we have noticed electronics projects integrated with 3D printed enclosures, brackets, and sculptures, so each Thursday we celebrate and highlight these bold pioneers!
Have you considered building a 3D project around an Arduino or other microcontroller? How about printing a bracket to mount your Raspberry Pi to the back of your HD monitor? And don’t forget the countless LED projects that are possible when you are modeling your projects in 3D!
The Adafruit Learning System has dozens of great tools to get you well on your way to creating incredible works of engineering, interactive art, and design with your 3D printer! If you’ve made a cool project that combines 3D printing and electronics, be sure to let us know, and we’ll feature it here!
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — Presentation: Ten Year Futures – Benedict Evans
Wearables — Toy with inspiration
Electronics — Servo Pulses
Biohacking — Nutrigenomics – Personalized Vitamin Supplements Based on DNA
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.