Build your own Google TV
Hackers & makers like to re-invent the wheel, and it’s always fun when you do. So we’re going to build our own version of the Google TV using the following open source technologies:
- The RaspberryPi
- Raspbian OS – a Debian distro specially made for the rPi
- Socket.io – to handle the connection between our remote and our TV via websockets
- Express – to handle some basic http requests
- Omxcontrol – a simple module to control the OMXPlayer which is the best video player on the rPi
- Chromium Browser
- Youtube-dl – a script that let you download youtube videos
- QuoJS – to handle swipe gestures on the mobile web app
- Youtube API
Check out the full tutorial here!
Each Friday is PiDay here at Adafruit, be sure to check out our posts, tutorials and new Raspberry Pi related products. Have you tried the new “Adafruit Raspberry Pi Educational Linux Distro”? It’s our tweaked distribution for teaching electronics using the Raspberry Pi. But wait, there’s more! Try our new Raspberry Pi WebIDE! The easiest way to learn programming on a Raspberry Pi.
We now have Raspberry Pi Model B with 512MB RAM in stock and shipping now!