Build your own Google TV
Hackers & makers like to re-invent the wheel, and it’s always fun when you do. So we’re going to build our own version of the Google TV using the following open source technologies:
- The RaspberryPi
- Raspbian OS – a Debian distro specially made for the rPi
- Socket.io – to handle the connection between our remote and our TV via websockets
- Express – to handle some basic http requests
- Omxcontrol – a simple module to control the OMXPlayer which is the best video player on the rPi
- Chromium Browser
- Youtube-dl – a script that let you download youtube videos
- QuoJS – to handle swipe gestures on the mobile web app
- Youtube API
Check out the full tutorial here!
Each Friday is PiDay here at Adafruit, be sure to check out our posts, tutorials and new Raspberry Pi related products. Have you tried the new “Adafruit Raspberry Pi Educational Linux Distro”? It’s our tweaked distribution for teaching electronics using the Raspberry Pi. But wait, there’s more! Try our new Raspberry Pi WebIDE! The easiest way to learn programming on a Raspberry Pi.
We now have Raspberry Pi Model B with 512MB RAM in stock and shipping now!
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — How Intel Makes a Chip
Wearables — Go magnetic
Electronics — LED colors: what they tell you
Biohacking — Brainding – Circuit Bending Using an EEG
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.