Voltaic Systems designs portable power systems to power electronics: from cell phones to tablets and laptops. We’re looking for someone to help with a wide range of technical responsibilities.
1. Test incoming components for quality and compatibility with a wide range of electronics.
2. Assist with product design and development across a range of new products in our pipeline
3. Respond to and resolve incoming technical requests. These can range from simple charge compatibility, to troubleshooting products in the field to more complex questions from customers looking to build custom solutions with our panels. In every case, we need someone who can solve problems quickly and can be clear and friendly via email and the phone.
4. Evaluating customer returns for problems and making suggestions about how to improve the product design.
5. Occasional days at our warehouse to test and manage inventory
6. There are actually a lot more options to pursue (we’re a growing company), but it sort of depends on what your interests are.
– Proficient in basic electric circuitry and testing equipment whether through an engineering background or self-taught
– You should enjoy being hands on with electronics
– Must be a compulsive note-taker, intellectually curious and very organized
– Must be able to communicate via email and phone in a clear and direct manner
– CAD / 3D modeling skills a big plus
We’re based in DUMBO!
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — Nottingham ‘internet of things’ firm facing closure @365_Agile @WirelessThings
Wearables — From floor to sword
Electronics — Can’t afford a current probe?
Biohacking — OpenHumans – Donate Your Data to Science
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.