NEW PRODUCT PACK – Onion Pi Pack – Make a Raspberry Pi Tor Proxy. Feel like someone is snooping on you? Browse anonymously anywhere you go with the Onion Pi Tor proxy. Using this pack of parts and a free weekend you can build a project that uses a Raspberry Pi, a USB WiFi adapter and Ethernet cable to create a small, low-power and portable privacy Pi.
After it’s built, using it is easy-as-pie. First, plug the Ethernet cable into any Internet provider in your home, work, hotel or conference/event. Next, power up the Pi with the micro USB cable to your laptop or to the wall adapter. The Pi will boot up and create a new secure wireless access point called Onion Pi. Connecting to that access point will automatically route any web browsing from your computer through the anonymizing Tor network.
This pack comes with everything you need, $108 of parts for $95 and we’ll donate a portion of each sale to the Tor foundation!
Each order comes with:
- Raspberry Pi Model B – has an Ethernet port, two USB ports and 512 MB of RAM
- Adafruit Pi Case – Keeps your Pi cozy and safe
- WiFi adapter with antenna – Plenty of range, this will be how you connect to the Pi proxy
- 10 foot Ethernet cable – connect this from your Pi to a router with Internet service
- MicroUSB cable – 3 feet long, great for powering your Pi
- 5V 1A power adapter – specially designed for the Pi
- USB console cable – good for debugging and setting up your Pi when running it without a monitor/keyboard
- 4 GB SD Card with Wheezy – a 4GB card with Raspbian 7 already installed.
The Onion Pi logo shown above for display only, it’s not a sticker or included!
You’ll still need to set up the access point and Tor software according to our tutorial. This project is best used by people with a little bit of command-line, linux or Raspberry Pi experience. If you’ve set up a Raspberry Pi and configured it before, this project will be a fun experience. We have tons of tutorials for exploring Raspberry Pi in the Adafruit Learning System
Please note! This is a new project and there may be updates and improvements over time!
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — “If Work Is Digital, Why Do We Still Go to the Office?”
Wearables — Stiff upper lip
Electronics — Signature required?
Biohacking — Race Nutrition – Eating a Bunch of Chemicals
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.