NEW PRODUCT – Heart Rate Educational Starter Pack with Polar Wireless Sensors. Read wireless heart-rate data into your electronics projects in under 10 minutes with this educational experimentation kit for Polar wireless heart rate bands. This pack is designed for students, hobbyists, engineers and artists who want to add biometric interactivity to electronics. This is the easiest way possible to do it! No gel, no probes, no calibration and no clips. Simply strap the band on and detect heartbeats from 4 feet away.
Please note: this pack is designed for students, hobbyists, engineers and artists. It is not a developer pack and is not for use in product development! Polar specifically wants product developers to contact them to license the technology for OEM use so they can make sure the application is appropriate. Please do not purchase this with the assumption that it will guarantee your product’s approval.
- Polar T34 Heart Rate Transmitter
- Polar Heart Rate Receiver
- 2xAA battery holder
- Tiny breadboard
- 10mm red LED
- 1K ohm resistor
- header pins
The Polar T34 Non-Coded Heart Rate Transmitter monitors and then wirelessly transmits your heart rate data from the chest strap to a Polar WearLink+ compatible receiver. This allows the wearer to monitor their heart rate. This transmitter can also be paired with your local gym’s exercise equipment if it is Polar WearLink compatible.
- Heart rate sensor wirelessly transmits heart rate data without the need for conductive gel
- Water-resistant up to 30 meters for use in extreme environments
- Battery to last up to 2,500 hours of continuous usage
- Adjustable elastic strap for comfortable yet secure sensing
- Removable and machine washable textile strap keeps your sensor bacteria-free
- Water resistant up to 30 meters
- ECG accuracy
- Up to 2,500 hours of usage
- Non-user replaceable battery
- Adjustable medium size elastic chest strap included (25-54 inches)
- Machine washable and anti-bacterial
The Polar Heart Rate Receiver is designed to receive heart beat signals from compatible Polar heart rate sensors such as the T34. Together, the sensor and receiver provides a low-cost and convenient heart rate monitoring system that can be connected to most any microcontroller.
The Heart Rate Receiver is a stand-alone module, with on-board connections for power (3.3 V to 5 V), ground, and signal. It wirelessly interfaces to a compatible Polar coded or uncoded sensor transmitter. The output pin simply pulses high when a heartbeat is detected.
- Receives heart beat signals from a compatible sensor transmitter
- Indicates a received heartbeat signal using a LOW/HIGH output signal
- Wirelessly interfaces to transmitter with a range of up to four feet
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — Alibaba to invest $15b in tech, set up research labs around the world
Wearables — Hand beading mimicry
Electronics — Trigger happy oscilloscope?
Biohacking — Biohacking: Visioneer – AI Glasses to Assist the Visually Impaired
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.