I’ve begun work on a new project that I am tentatively referring to as the PiBoy Advance. This will be a portable multi-emulator machine built into the modified case of an original DMG-01 GameBoy. I’ve seen plenty of similar mods like this but I’ve never run across one built around a Raspberry Pi. So, what all will this build include?
- 2.5 inch Color LCD (possibly upgraded to 3.5 at some point)
- Raspberry Pi Model B (512MB RAM)
- 4 Face buttons, 2 Shoulder buttons
- 32GB of storage
- 8400 mAh Battery pack (providing about 9 Hours of continuous play)
- Many thousands of games across platforms such as: SNES, NES, Sega Genesis, GameBoy, GameBoy Advance, GameGear, MAME, Neo-Geo, and PS1)
- USB Rechargable
I will be posting a fully detailed build log once the project is completed but for now I will be making updates as I rech milestones in the process….
Featured Adafruit Products!
NTSC/PAL (Television) TFT Display – 2.5″ Diagonal: Yes, this is an adorable small television! The visible display measures only 2.5″ (6.35cm) diagonal, the TFT comes with a NTSC/PAL driver board. The display is very easy to use – simply connect 6-15VDC to the red and black wires, then connect a composite video source to the yellow and black wire. Voila, a television display! There’s two little buttons to adjust the LED backlight brightness up and down (32 levels) and a button that ‘flips’ the display horizontally – there is no other adjustment available but we found that the color and contrast look great right out of the box. (read more)