Some interesting new offerings from Sketchfab, including the exported Minecraft level view below, as Sketchfab service updates to v 1.15.0:
Here is a quick overview of the new features:
- Support of bump textures.
- Support of vertex color in obj file format.
- Referrals: invite 5 of your friends, and get a sketchfab.me account for 1 year for free!
- Commission a 3d model: you can now order a model or apply to become an affiliated Sketchfab author.
- FOV: set the field of view of your models in the edit panel.
- Mobile version: viewer is now (more) mobile friendly (see below).
- Performance improvement for faster loading.
- Partners API: create / update / upgrade users remotely.
- Minecraft exporter: allow people to upload minecraft levels
We hope you’ll enjoy those improvements, and we are already working on the next release!
The Sketchfab dev team.
Every Thursday is #3dthursday here at Adafruit! The DIY 3D printing community has passion and dedication for making solid objects from digital models. Recently, we have noticed electronics projects integrated with 3D printed enclosures, brackets, and sculptures, so each Thursday we celebrate and highlight these bold pioneers!
Have you considered building a 3D project around an Arduino or other microcontroller? How about printing a bracket to mount your Raspberry Pi to the back of your HD monitor? And don’t forget the countless LED projects that are possible when you are modeling your projects in 3D!
The Adafruit Learning System has dozens of great tools to get you well on your way to creating incredible works of engineering, interactive art, and design with your 3D printer! If you’ve made a cool project that combines 3D printing and electronics, be sure to let us know, and we’ll feature it here!
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — @adafruit interviews the @microcenter CEO Rick Mershad ! (video)
Wearables — Thinking of involving your pet in your next wearables project?
Electronics — Higher isn’t always better
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.