Punk LED Collar Kit – Red LEDs – Make your own studded choker with an LED twist! This kit of parts comes with all the materials you’ll need for a punk style LED collar. Ten juicy diffused red LEDs adorn a high-quality black leather collar that fits necks 12-15 inches (30 to 38 centimeters).
Attach the included battery holder and potentiometer, used to adjust the brightness of the LEDs. The simple circuit is powered by a single CR2032 battery (we provide an extra for maximum glow time). Follow our project tutorial (soldering required) to build your own punk LED collar and be the star of your next party or parade!
- Leather collar size S/M – (collar measures measures 18″ x 1″ x 0.1″/457mm x 25mm x 2.74mm)
- 10 x 10mm diffused red LEDs
- Sewable coin cell CR2032 battery holder
- Strip of faux suede fabric to line collar
- 1K trimpot small potentiometer
- Small piece of wire
- 2 x CR2032 coin cell batteries
You’ll need some very common electronics tools to make this project:
- Soldering iron and solder
- Wire cutters and wire stripper (or a tool that does both)
- 3rd hand tool or Panavise or some other way to keep your work steady
- A basic multimeter is handy as well
- Fine tip curved tweezers make assembly a breeze
And just a few craft supplies:
- Craft knife or utility blade
- E6000 or similar craft glue
- Marker or pencil
Project assistance and modeling by Risa Rose!
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — Shenzhen: The Silicon Valley of Hardware (Full Documentary) and Who invests in hardware?
Wearables — Take flight with shiny wings
Electronics — Inadequate volt signal
Biohacking — The Upside of GMOs (Genetically Modified Organisms)
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.