Adafruit BeagleBone IO Python Library Updated: PWM Duty Cycle Reversed and more
We’ve updated the BeagleBone Python IO library with a few fixes, and one non-backwards compatible change. The PWM Duty cycle was reversed in 0.0.15 to go from 100(off)-0(on) to 0(off)-100(on). This is a bit more expected behavior, but it will break your programs.
NOTE: Please read the change log anytime you update this library, as it’s still early in development (yet largely quite stable with unit tests). There may be breaking changes occasionally as we run into bugs, or new features that get added in.
* Fix PWM duty cycle so 0 is off and 100 is on. Set polarity to 0 by default.
* Give extra buffer space in export, and unexport functions for gpio that are more than 2 digits
* Add new test case for 3 digit gpio
* Fix for test_direction_readback. gpio_get_direction wasn't properly null terminating the direction string
* Fix GPIO.gpio_function to work with the IO name
* Fix IOErrors not getting raised when fopen fails while loading overlays into device tree
* Add new UART tests
* Remove the gpio parameter from callbacks
Stop breadboarding and soldering – start making immediately! Adafruit’s Circuit Playground is jam-packed with LEDs, sensors, buttons, alligator clip pads and more. Build projects with Circuit Playground in a few minutes with the drag-and-drop MakeCode programming site, learn computer science using the CS Discoveries class on code.org, jump into CircuitPython to learn Python and hardware together, or even use Arduino IDE. Circuit Playground Express is the newest and best Circuit Playground board, with support for MakeCode, CircuitPython, and Arduino. It has a powerful processor, 10 NeoPixels, mini speaker, InfraRed receive and transmit, two buttons, a switch, 14 alligator clip pads, and lots of sensors: capacitive touch, IR proximity, temperature, light, motion and sound. A whole wide world of electronics and coding is waiting for you, and it fits in the palm of your hand.