Adafruit BeagleBone IO Python Library Updated: PWM Duty Cycle Reversed and more
We’ve updated the BeagleBone Python IO library with a few fixes, and one non-backwards compatible change. The PWM Duty cycle was reversed in 0.0.15 to go from 100(off)-0(on) to 0(off)-100(on). This is a bit more expected behavior, but it will break your programs.
NOTE: Please read the change log anytime you update this library, as it’s still early in development (yet largely quite stable with unit tests). There may be breaking changes occasionally as we run into bugs, or new features that get added in.
* Fix PWM duty cycle so 0 is off and 100 is on. Set polarity to 0 by default.
* Give extra buffer space in export, and unexport functions for gpio that are more than 2 digits
* Add new test case for 3 digit gpio
* Fix for test_direction_readback. gpio_get_direction wasn't properly null terminating the direction string
* Fix GPIO.gpio_function to work with the IO name
* Fix IOErrors not getting raised when fopen fails while loading overlays into device tree
* Add new UART tests
* Remove the gpio parameter from callbacks
Make a robot friend with Adafruit’s CRICKIT – A Creative Robotics & Interactive Construction Kit. It’s an add-on to our popular Circuit Playground Express, FEATHER and other platforms to make and program robots with CircuitPython, MakeCode, and Arduino. Start controlling motors, servos, solenoids. You also get signal pins, capacitive touch sensors, a NeoPixel driver and amplified speaker output. It complements & extends your boards so you can still use all the goodies on the microcontroller, now you have a robotics playground as well.