TITLE: Manufacturing/Electrical Controls Engineer
LOCATION: Winchester, VA (Greater Washington, D.C. area)
REPORTS TO: Corporate Engineering Manager
Provide leadership in the development, design and implementation of electrical controls systems to support manufacturing operations in meeting and/or exceeding established goals.
• Successfully manage projects from inception to completion without frequent direct supervision. Responsible for reporting activities and results to management.
• Identify, develop, plan, and implement capital projects with a focus on control systems.
• Research and present new technologies targeting improved process control and automation.
• Plan, direct and supervise Engineers and plant personnel in support of ongoing operations and projects. Responsibilities include new product and process implementations with a focus on continuous improvement. Lead cross functional teams.
• Serve as liaison between Corporate Engineering and manufacturing plants.
• Conduct Capacity Modeling and equipment capability studies.
• Conduct all activities and behave in a method that is strictly consistent with the Company’s C.I.T.E. Principles and “Supporting Values” while striving to help the Company achieve its Vision.
• AutoCAD required with Inventor/3D proficiency a plus.
• Undergraduate degree in Bachelor’s degree Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical Engineering.
• 5+ years manufacturing engineering experience; wood related preferred.
• Experience in PLC’s, Drives, Servos, robotics and support systems (HMI, SCADA, etc.)
• Lead projects in a plant involving all levels of employees with measurable results.
• Prior TPM and Lean certification is a plus.
• Learn new concepts and pass the knowledge along to others in classroom setting/practical environment.
• Highly energized and self-motivated with experience working with teams to implement change. Adept at communicating with all levels to get buy-in.
Relocation assistance is provided. Bonus opportunity is part of the total compensation package. Up to 25% travel
Stop breadboarding and soldering – start making immediately! Adafruit’s Circuit Playground is jam-packed with LEDs, sensors, buttons, alligator clip pads and more. Build projects with Circuit Playground in a few minutes with the drag-and-drop MakeCode programming site, learn computer science using the CS Discoveries class on code.org, jump into CircuitPython to learn Python and hardware together, TinyGO, or even use the Arduino IDE. Circuit Playground Express is the newest and best Circuit Playground board, with support for CircuitPython, MakeCode, and Arduino. It has a powerful processor, 10 NeoPixels, mini speaker, InfraRed receive and transmit, two buttons, a switch, 14 alligator clip pads, and lots of sensors: capacitive touch, IR proximity, temperature, light, motion and sound. A whole wide world of electronics and coding is waiting for you, and it fits in the palm of your hand.
Have an amazing project to share? The Electronics Show and Tell is every Wednesday at 7pm ET! To join, head over to YouTube and check out the show’s live chat – we’ll post the link there.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Maker Business — To make it through a tough business cycle, layoffs should be a last resort
Wearables — Little pixel jackets
Electronics — Aliasing is ugly!
Python for Microcontrollers — Python on Microcontrollers Newsletter: CircuitPython supported by 70 SBCs and more! #Python #Adafruit #CircuitPython @micropython @ThePSF
Adafruit IoT Monthly — OpenCV Critter Cam, LoraWAN on Raspberry Pi 2040, and more!
Microsoft MakeCode — MakeCode Arcade Turns One!
EYE on NPI — Maxim’s Himalaya uSLIC Step-Down Power Module #EyeOnNPI @maximintegrated @digikey
New Products – Adafruit Industries – Makers, hackers, artists, designers and engineers! — New Products 3/03/2021 Feat. Adafruit Feather RP2040! @adafruit #adafruit #newproducts
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.