TITLE: Manufacturing/Electrical Controls Engineer
LOCATION: Winchester, VA (Greater Washington, D.C. area)
REPORTS TO: Corporate Engineering Manager
Provide leadership in the development, design and implementation of electrical controls systems to support manufacturing operations in meeting and/or exceeding established goals.
• Successfully manage projects from inception to completion without frequent direct supervision. Responsible for reporting activities and results to management.
• Identify, develop, plan, and implement capital projects with a focus on control systems.
• Research and present new technologies targeting improved process control and automation.
• Plan, direct and supervise Engineers and plant personnel in support of ongoing operations and projects. Responsibilities include new product and process implementations with a focus on continuous improvement. Lead cross functional teams.
• Serve as liaison between Corporate Engineering and manufacturing plants.
• Conduct Capacity Modeling and equipment capability studies.
• Conduct all activities and behave in a method that is strictly consistent with the Company’s C.I.T.E. Principles and “Supporting Values” while striving to help the Company achieve its Vision.
• AutoCAD required with Inventor/3D proficiency a plus.
• Undergraduate degree in Bachelor’s degree Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical Engineering.
• 5+ years manufacturing engineering experience; wood related preferred.
• Experience in PLC’s, Drives, Servos, robotics and support systems (HMI, SCADA, etc.)
• Lead projects in a plant involving all levels of employees with measurable results.
• Prior TPM and Lean certification is a plus.
• Learn new concepts and pass the knowledge along to others in classroom setting/practical environment.
• Highly energized and self-motivated with experience working with teams to implement change. Adept at communicating with all levels to get buy-in.
Relocation assistance is provided. Bonus opportunity is part of the total compensation package. Up to 25% travel
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — Happy CyberMonday ya’ll it’s #MakerBusiness
Wearables — Don’t forget a coat
Electronics — Watch that ground clip!
Biohacking — MD2K – Mobile Sensor Data to Knowledge
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.