Whether you are a teacher, student, or just someone who wants to teach yourself electronics at home, there are a ton of great books to get you started. Here is a small list of our favorite electronics books which we would recommend for your library.
The Art of Electronics is hands down, my favorite electronics book. This book is not only filled with everything you need to know to get into electronics (and add to your electronics mind bank), it is also extremely easy to follow. Paul Horowitz and Winfield Hill have put together a textbook that flows like a novel. Highly recommended for anyone reading this blog.
Also be sure to check out the student manual for the above Art of Electronics book. This manual will help you grasp the concepts of the book by giving you hands on projects to work on.
Exploring Arduino by Jeremy Blum. Exploring Arduino uses the popular Arduino microcontroller platform as an instrument to teach topics in electrical engineering, programming, and human-computer interaction. The book shares best practices in programming and design that you can apply to any project, and code snippets and schematics that will serve as a useful references for future projects even after you’ve mastered all the topics in the book.
Make: Lego and Arduino Projects – 1st print. Make amazing robots and gadgets with two of today’s hottest DIY technologies. With this easy-to-follow guide, you’ll learn how to build devices with Lego Mindstorms NXT 2.0 and the Arduino prototyping platform. Mindstorms alone lets you create incredible gadgets. Bring in Arduino for some jaw-dropping functionality—and open a whole new world of possibilities.
Getting Started with Raspberry Pi by Matt Richardson & Shawn Wallace. What can you do with the Raspberry Pi, a $35 computer the size of a credit card? All sorts of things! If you’re learning how to program, or looking to build new electronic projects, this hands-on guide will show you just how valuable this flexible little platform can be.
Practical Electronics for Inventors, Third Edition Spark your creativity and gain the electronics skills required to transform your innovative ideas into functioning gadgets. This hands-on, updated guide outlines electrical principles and provides thorough, easy-to-follow instructions, schematics, and illustrations. Find out how to select components, safely assemble circuits, perform error tests, and build plug-and-play prototypes. Practical Electronics for Inventors, Third Edition, features all-new chapters on sensors, microcontrollers, modular electronics, and the latest software tools.
These are just a few of our favorite electronics books. Be sure to check out the rest of the books available on Adafruit for more recommendations.
Adafruit for Educators! #backtoschool
Please visit our educator’s section to learn more about:
- Adafruit volume discounts and programs for educators, discounts galore!
- Adafruit electronic kits, products, Arduino & Raspberry Pi products for education, we have’em!
- Adafruit products and Arduino for STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics). Used in schools!
- The Adafruit System, the best way to learn electronics!
- Adafruit iron-on “skill badges” / patches and partners, celebrate skills building!
- Resources for educators, our picks for educators!
- Adafruit for educators content on Adafruit.com, daily posts for educators!
- Circuit Playground – iPad/iPhone App For Educators, volume discounts via Apple’s edu program!
- Adafruit copyright permission for educators, educators can use them, hassle-free!