NEW PRODUCT – Pimoroni PiGlow – Get visual feedback from your Pi!
The PiGlow is a small add on board for the Raspberry Pi that provides 18 individually controllable LEDs. You can use it for all sorts of things! And of course, it fits inside a Pibow!
There are tons of things you can do with it:
- Mood lighting / ambiance
- Showing current system load
- Notify you of events like mentions in tweets or incoming e-mail
- Feedback the status of scripts/daemons running on your Pi
- Works great when VESA mounted to provide a cast against a wall
- …and pretty much anything else you can think of!
This board uses the SN3218 8-bit 18-channel PWM chip to drive 18 surface mount LEDs. Communication is done via I2C over the GPIO header with a bus address of 0x54 (Python example code provided). Each LED can be set to a PWM value of between 0 and 255. Comes fully assembled and ready to rock.
- 18 LEDs (three each of red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and white)
- Great to provide feedback if you’re running your Pi headless
- PWM (dimming) control for each channel
- Fully assembled (no soldering required)
- Python code to access and control lighting provided
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — Amazon may take on Alibaba?
Wearables — Enclosures help fight body humidity in costumes
Electronics — Staple Jumpers
Biohacking — “Health And Fitness Data Is Useless”
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.