While the date for the class isn’t yet set, I was excited to see that there will be an upcoming “3D Printing Articulated Mesh Fabrics” class offered by Mode Lab, taught by Francis Bitonti. Check out this listing currently up at Mode Lab!
3D Printing Articulated Mesh Fabrics
Instructor: Francis Bitonti | Francis Bitonti Studio
- Basic understanding of the mechanics of 3D printing
- Introduction to designing articulated fabrics
- Introduction to Grasshopper for Rhino
Prerequisites + Preparation:
- This course is suitable for all Creative Professionals: Artists, Architects, Designers, Engineers, Programmers, and Students.
- All experience levels are welcome; however, we recommend that you are familiar with the Basics of modeling in Rhino.
- You will need to have Rhino5 for Windows and Grasshopper 0.9.0058 installed prior to the start of the course.
About This Online Course:
This course will introduce students to modeling articulated fabrics using Grasshopper and prepare files to be 3D printed with a variety of 3D printing technologies. In these introductory course students gain insights into existing 3D printing technologies and techniques for modeling articulated fabrics in a digital environment.
About The Instructor:
Francis Bitonti is ushering in a new manufacturing paradigm through his innovative use of computational design techniques and emerging manufacturing technologies. “I see technology as deeply connected to being human.” says Bitonti, the multidisciplinary designer and founder behind Francis Bitonti Studio.
Bitonti’s design process is a blend of cutting edge digital design and manufacturing technologies, aimed to transform mass production. Looking instead to the future of manufacturing; mass customization, Bitonti sees computational design, smart materials, and interactive environments as opportunities to create new aesthetic languages for our built environment and he has taken that vision and applied it to a wide range of disciplines ranging from architecture to product design to fashion.
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.