DIY Fabric LED Strip #WearableWednesday
Fabric LED strip on Kobakant:
– Using a sewing machine, sew two parallel lines of the solderable conductive thread to the fabric by zig-zaging over them with a regular (non-sythetic) thread.
– Solder on the LEDs.
– Cut the conductive thread on one of the leads and insert the 10 Ohm resistor.
– Sew and solder the LilyPower module.
– Plug the battery and turn on.
– Use stuffing or padding with translucent gauze fabric to diffuse the light if desired.
Every Wednesday is Wearable Wednesday here at Adafruit! We’re bringing you the blinkiest, most fashionable, innovative, and useful wearables from around the web and in our own original projects featuring our wearable Arduino-compatible platform, FLORA. Be sure to post up your wearables projects in the forums or send us a link and you might be featured here on Wearable Wednesday!
Join 4,000+ makers on Adafruit’s Discord channels and be part of the community! http://adafru.it/discord
Learn “How Computers Work” with Bill Gates, Ladyada and more – From Code.org !
CircuitPython in 2018 – Python on Microcontrollers is here!
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Follow Adafruit on Instagram for top secret new products, behinds the scenes and more https://www.instagram.com/adafruit/
Maker Business — Prototyping PCBs with Particle, a guide from a pro in the field #makerbusiness
Wearables — From mat to hat
Electronics — Even lower power!
Biohacking — Nectome’s Brain Preservation and Backup Service Plan
Python for Microcontrollers — Scott ([email protected]) on the Amp Hour podcast!
Get the only spam-free daily newsletter about wearables, running a "maker business", electronic tips and more! Subscribe at AdafruitDaily.com
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.