I found some squeaky rubber rats at the local dollar store last year. Of course I had to buy ten of them, and then work on some sort of project later. Once I got my Raspberry Pi, I knew I had to combine these into a Hallowe’en decoration project.
- 2S hobby lipo (2S4P in this configuration) for 7.4V
- 2x Sparkfun 5V/3.3V breadboard power regulator, modified to remove PTC fuses
- Raspberry Pi Model B Rev 1
- Adafruit Pi Cobbler GPIO breakout
- Adafruit 16 Channel i2c PWM Servo Controller
- 10x Tower Pro SG92R micro servos (via Adafruit)
- 20x 5mm Red LEDs
- 10x 330 Ohm resistors
- 10x 1 meter Futaba-style servo extensions (via eBay)
- 10x 6 cm Futaba-style servo extensions (hand assembled)
- 10x dollar store rat toys
- 2x solderless breadboards and a few wires
- USB micro B plug (chopped a USB plug) to power Raspberry Pi
- Hot Glue to form insulators and standoffs
HAPPY HALLOWEEN! Each weekday this month we’ll be bringing you ideas and projects for an Electronic Halloween! Expect wearables, hacks & mods, costumes and more here on the Adafruit blog! Working on a project for Halloween this year? Share it with us on Google+, in the comments below, the Adafruit forums, Facebook, or Twitter— we’d love to see what you’re up to and share it with the world (tag your posts #ElectronicHalloween). Tune in to our live shows, Wearable Electronics with Becky Stern and Ask an Engineer, where Adafruit store discount codes are announced– get the most bang for your Halloween buck!
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — Transforming Today’s Bad Jobs into Tomorrow’s Good Jobs
Wearables — Snap a picture
Electronics — To Y5V or not to Y5V?
Biohacking — Quantified Bob’s Experience with Ketone Esters
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.