We’re looking for a lead backend developer with experience architecting scalable Java systems. If you get excited about things like distributed computing, love the challenges of a growing startup, and have successfully led small teams to release production-quality servers, we’d love to hear from you.
Temboo is an energetic place to work full of smart people who love to learn from each other. We’re changing the way code gets written by providing a seamless, cloud-based platform for connecting apps, embedded systems, and web-based services.
In this role, you’ll orchestrate the work of our small, gifted team of server developers to design and implement new backend features, architectural enhancements, and patches. This is a hands-on role that demands programming expertise. You’ll spend more time writing code than in meetings (we promise!), but we want you to play a strong part in leading projects and helping to improve our process. The right person for this position will also be comfortable delegating tasks, talking about release tempo, and outlining risk/reward scenarios.
Specific things we’re on the lookout for include:
- 2+ years as a lead developer, managing a team
- Working fluency in Java, and at least one other language; comfort working between multiple languages
- Experience building distributed and/or cloud-based systems
- Experience working with remote teammates
- Familiarity with code generation and parser/compiler design
- Bonus points for a tinkerer, with a strong interest in programmable hardware, eg Arduino
- A sense of humor
We offer competitive compensation, a casual office environment, and respect for individual creative autonomy. We’re looking for people who have interests outside of work as well (please mention some of these in your cover letter if you like), so don’t let that side project/superhero alter-ego get in the way of getting in touch. Does this sound like you? If so, there may be a place for you at Temboo.