NEW PRODUCT – RaspBMC Pack for Raspberry Pi – Includes IRKey & Remote – Build your own all-in-one mini XBMC computer with this Raspberry Pi RaspBMC pack! You get everything necessary to start, plug it in and rock out with your very own open source set-top box. Watch videos, install apps, follow RSS feeds, etc.
To make this pack extra-fun we not only have the Pi and required accessories but also include an Adafruit IRKey and IR remote. Plug the IRKey into the Pi USB port to control RaspBMC from your couch without the need for a keyboard. (Although, if you’re going to be doing heavy typing, you may want to pick up a wireless USB keyboard + touchpad.)
Each order comes with:
- Raspberry Pi Model B – has an Ethernet port, two USB ports and 512 MB of RAM. This is the model suggested for use with RaspBMC/XBMC
- Adafruit Pi Case – Keeps your Pi cozy and safe
- 10′ Long Ethernet cable – Ethernet is better than WiFi for streaming video, so we include a fairly long cable that you can plug into your home broadband router.
- MicroUSB cable – 3 feet long, great for powering your Pi
- HDMI Cable – 3 feet long, plug one end into your Pi and the other into your TV or monitor.
- 5V 1A power adapter – specially designed for the Pi
- 4 GB SD Card with RaspBMC – a 4GB card with the network RaspBMC image pre-installed and ready to rock. It will auto-magically download the most recent RaspBMC to finish the install once booted for the first time.
- Adafruit IRKey with IR Remote – Plug the IRKey into your Pi’s USB port and you’ve got an IR Remote receiver that looks just like a Keyboard, designed for and works great with RaspBMC
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — John Maeda – Automattic “Global Head, Computational Design and Inclusion” @johnmaeda @photomatt @WordPress @Automattic
Wearables — Starting with a paper doll
Electronics — The deets on Electret Microphones
Biohacking — Intermittent Fasting
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.