Summary of Position
Analyze, construct and maintain devices based on detailed technical intelligence reports and/or reverse engineering of actual hardware, firmware and software. Support the operation and testing of these devices in both laboratory and field conditions.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering or related technical field
- Minimum 1 year of hardware design experience
- Current or eligible for a TOP SECRET clearance with SCI access
- U.S. Citizenship
- Perform radio frequency (RF), digital and analog electronic circuit and software analysis to determine device theory of operation, functionality and technical characteristics.
- Non-destructive examination to identify components and circuit schematics and to obtain any embedded firmware and software.
- Prepare schematics and bill of material for device construction.
- Design printed wiring boards (PWBs) for device construction.
- Perform limited mechanical design for device housings.
- Replicate and/or modify firmware and software as required.
- Order and receive all materials necessary for device construction.
- Build, integrate, test, maintain and modify devices.
- Accurately enter characteristics and specifications of devices into databases for further analysis.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Knowledge and experience in the design and construction of radio frequency (RF), digital and analog electronic circuits and assemblies.
- Knowledge and experience in the design of microcontroller (e.g. PIC) software and firmware and familiarity with microcontroller design environments.
- Proficient with computer aided design (CAD) tools for schematic capture and printed wiring board layout.
- Proficient in circuit board construction and repair, including excellent soldering skills.
- Proficient in light mechanical assembly using hand and simple power tools.
- Proficient with electrical and electronic test equipment including oscilloscopes, function generators, pulse generators and basic shop equipment.
- Proficient with RF testing equipment including spectrum analyzers, signal generators and basic RF components such as couplers, combiners, attenuators, etc.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Stop breadboarding and soldering – start making immediately! Adafruit’s Circuit Playground is jam-packed with LEDs, sensors, buttons, alligator clip pads and more. Build projects with Circuit Playground in a few minutes with the drag-and-drop MakeCode programming site, learn computer science using the CS Discoveries class on code.org, jump into CircuitPython to learn Python and hardware together, or even use Arduino IDE. Circuit Playground Express is the newest and best Circuit Playground board, with support for MakeCode, CircuitPython, and Arduino. It has a powerful processor, 10 NeoPixels, mini speaker, InfraRed receive and transmit, two buttons, a switch, 14 alligator clip pads, and lots of sensors: capacitive touch, IR proximity, temperature, light, motion and sound. A whole wide world of electronics and coding is waiting for you, and it fits in the palm of your hand.
Have an amazing project to share? The Electronics Show and Tell with Google Hangouts On-Air is every Wednesday at 7:30pm ET! To join, head over to YouTube and check out the show’s live chat – we’ll post the link there.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Maker Business — SiFive is a startup to pay attention to. RISC-5 is here to stay.
Wearables — Swatch it up
Electronics — Shift away from basic arithmetic
Biohacking — Neuralink – A Closer Look at the Tech
Python for Microcontrollers — CircuitPython takes flight! All aboard with datum, Bluefruit CPX, and more! #Python #Adafruit #CircuitPython #PythonHardware @circuitpython @micropython @ThePSF @Adafruit
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.