This holiday season, a world-renowned tech company is opening pop-up stores that will
offer consumers a one-of-a-kind in-store experience, which showcases a variety of leading
consumer electronics, encourages recycling of used electronics, and offers unique in-store
programming by way of events, contests and special discounts.
The Maker Education Initiative is excited to be working with this company to help recruit,
train candidates, and select tools and starting materials.
We are currently seeking highly skilled candidates who have a flair for creating inventions
using e-waste materials (toolkit provided) in these one-of-a-kind popup retail environments,
which will be operational in the following cities: Los Angeles, Chicago, and New York City.
We are looking for innovative people with a drive to invent. You will use a shared space
equipped with tools in the front window of the pop-up store. Throughout the residency,
artisans will create artistic and/or functional objects using e-waste in this public space,
allowing for an ongoing dialogue with the community about innovation, the creation process,
technology, and environmental awareness.
• Have experience in DIY (do-it-yourself) art and/or tech projects involving reuse of
• Be able to work both independently and collaboratively
• Be comfortable across various platforms: PC, Tablet, Handset
• Have experience documenting process throughout a project via photos, blog entries,
and written reflections
• Be well versed with social media platforms
• Enjoy tackling technical challenges
• Enjoy interacting with the public and love the challenge of a great question
• Be able to lift up to 25 pounds
This opportunity will require a 10-week commitment beginning November 18, 2013 and
ending in late January 2014. Part-time (8-16 hours per week, 2-5 days per week from
approximately 12:00 – 4:00 p.m. each day). Some holiday work is required, with three days
of mandatory training from 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 pm. Salary is competitive.
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.