I wonder how many miles of EL wire the Wrecking Crew Orchestra uses in a year. Enjoy this “Cosmic Beat” dance performance!
EL wire starter pack – Aqua 2.5 meter (8.2 ft) – A little bundle to get you started! This project pack contains:
- 2.5 meters (over 8 ft) of high-brightness, long-life EL wire in Aqua, the brightest and best looking EL color we carry. 2.5 meters is the maximum amount for the pocket driver – it is cut and soldered so it’s ready to go!
- Pocket EL inverter runs on 2 AA Alkaline or rechargeable batteries (not included)
- 2 inches of heat shink, both 1/8″ and 1/4″ for protecting the EL wire after soldering if you end up wanting to change the wire up
- 2 inches of copper tape, used when soldering EL wire
- 2 inches of foam tape, we use this to pad the inside of the inverter to quiet it down
Soldering to EL wire is a little tricky but luckily we wrote a detailed step-by-step tutorial! You’ll need wire strippers, a soldering iron & solder, copper tape and heat shrink. A third-hand tool is really useful as well.
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — HAX Hardware Trends 2017
Wearables — Tidy wires are happy wires
Electronics — Coin Cell Current
Biohacking — Circuit Board Borg Leg Tattoo Sleeve
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.