Apps available from Adafruit and around the web for learning, engineering, making art, music and more!
Apps at Adafruit
Circuit Playground simplifies electronics reference & calculation so you can have more fun hacking, making, & building your projects! This app is designed for both iPhone and iPad.
- Decipher resistor & capacitor codes with ease
- Calculate power, resistance, current, and voltage with the Ohm’s Law & Power Calc modules
- Quickly convert between decimal, hexadecimal, binary or even ASCII characters
- Calculate values for multiple resistors or capacitors in series & parallel configurations
- Store, search, and view PDF datasheets
- Access exclusive sneak peaks, deals & discounts at Adafruit Industries
All that, plus updates with additional features & enhancements – MANY NEW CALCULATORS AND TOOLS being added!
Crayola ColorStudio HD+ – An animated world of color and discovery on your iPad!™ – iMarker is the key to unlock limitless discovery and play on your iPad. It’s a digital marker, crayon, pencil and paint brush that interacts with the Crayola ColorStudio HD™ app to create all your favorite Crayola colors on the iPad’s Multi-Touch display. As you color, animated characters, music, sound and visual effects bring scenes to life, and surprises await on every page. (Read more)
Apps for Music & Art
TouchAble App – TouchAble App for iPad is available worldwide exclusively through the iTunes App Store. touchAble is THE controller app for Ableton Live. Countless artists around the globe – from bedroom producers to award winning artists – use it on stage, in their studio or while on the road. touchAble 2 has been completely redesigned from the ground up, with stability and performance in mind – as well as an array of new and improved features. (Read more)
NEURATRON NOTATEME – MUSIC HANDWRITING APP FOR PHONES & TABLETS – Ground-breaking music composition and notation app, featuring powerful handwritten music recognition features:
- Quickly and accurately enter music notation with your finger or stylus, on a tablet or smartphone.
- Write music on the train, in a plane, by a lake, or just sitting comfortably on your sofa!
- Simple, intuitive interface with little to distract you from your creativity – similar to writing with pen and paper, but with instant playback, editing and a printable score at the end!
- Email PDF, MusicXML and MIDI files of your scores to friends or other musicians. Open in Sibelius, Finale and other desktop software. Print to paper.
PixiVisor – PixiVisor is a revolutionary tool for audio-visual experiments. Simple and fun, cross-platform application with unlimited potential for creativity! It consists of two parts: Transmitter and Receiver. Transmitter converts the low-resolution video (static image or GIF animation) to sound, pixel by pixel (progressive scan). This lets you listen to the sound of your image. But the main function of the Transmitter is to transmit the signal to the receiving devices. Receiver converts the sound (from microphone or Line-in input) back to video. You can set the color palette for this video, and record it to animated GIF file. (Read more)
Satromizer – “Introducing the Satromizer for iPhone™, the world’s first multitouch glitch tool. The Satromizer takes its name from Chicago new media artist Jon Satrom, who frequently employs glitches in his work. I’ve created many versions of the Satromizer with Jon over the years, but this one is special… The responsiveness and tactility of the multitouch interface make this my favorite version yet.” (Read more)
Apps for Engineers & Electricians
Circuit Lab – Circuit Lab is an electronic circuit analysis tool based on the modified node analysis method. Four kind of analysis may be conducted:
- DC: linear and non linear circuits with continuous voltage and current sources
- AC: linear e non linear circuits with sinusoidal voltage and current sources
- Multifrequency AC Analysis: linear and non linear circuits with sinusoidal voltage and current sources. It allows to analyze the circuit behavior in a range of frequencies. Useful to study the bandwidth of the circuit
- Transient: linear and non linear circuits, with sinusoidal and pulse voltage sources (available as In App Purchases).
User can graphically draw the circuit and then the circuit can be analyzed. Circuit may be controlled by means of the following gestures:
- Drag: to move the circuit into the desired position
- Tap on a component: to modify the component’s parameters
- Pinch: to zoom in and out
- Double Finger Double Tap: to reset position and zoom level to the original values
Electronic Toolbox Pro – Electronic Toolbox Pro combines electronic reference material with a huge collection of calculation, lookup and conversion tools in one handy App right at your fingertips. (Read more)
Circuit Pro – The Circuit Pro App is a utility application developed to assist electrical engineers and electricians with the task of sizing branch circuits according the National Electrical Code (NEC). This application finds the appropriately sized standard breaker size based on the input circuit load, which can be entered in either Amps or kiloWatts. From this, the application is designed to look up the minimum required conductor (or parallel runs of conductors) based on Table 310.16 of the NEC. (Read more)
Here are your 2013 shipping deadlines for ordering from Adafruit. Please review our shipping section if you have specific questions on how and where we ship worldwide for this holiday season.
UPS ground (USA orders): Place orders by Friday 11am ET – December 13, 2013 – There is no guarantee that UPS Ground packages will arrive in time for Christmas.
UPS 3-day (USA orders): Place orders by Thursday 11am ET – December 19, 2013 – Arrive on 12/24/2013.
UPS 2-day (USA orders): Place orders by Friday 11am ET – December 20, 2013 – Arrive on 12/24/2013.
UPS overnight (USA orders): Place orders by Monday 11am ET – December 23, 2013 – Arrive on 12/24/2013.
UPS International: Place orders by Monday 11am ET – December 16, 2013. Can take up extra time due to worldwide delays and customs. Should arrive by 12/24/2013 or sooner.
Please note: We do not offer Saturday service for UPS.
Wednesday, Dec. 25, 2013, Christmas, no UPS pickup or delivery service.
Wednesday, Jan. 1, 2014, New Year’s Day, no UPS pickup or delivery service.
United States Postal Service, First Class and Priority (USA orders): Place orders by Friday – December 13, 2013 – Arrive by 12/24/2013 or sooner.
USPS First class mail international (International orders): Place orders by Friday – November 22, 2013. Can take up to 30 days ore more with worldwide delays and customs. Should arrive by 12/24/2013 or sooner, but not a trackable service cannot be guaranteed to arrive by 12/24/13.
USPS Express mail international(International orders): Place orders by Friday – December 13, 2013. Can take up to 15 days or more with worldwide delays and customs. Should arrive by 12/24/2013 or sooner.
Gift Certificates are always available at any time.
When in doubt contact us!
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — State of the live streaming’ Facebook, YouTube, Twitch and now Twitter (Periscope)
Wearables — Defeat UV discoloration
Electronics — Steady Headers
Biohacking — Are There Any Proven Benefits to Fasting?
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.