NEW PRODUCT – Gameduino 2 with 4.3″ 480×272 Display and Touchscreen – Gameduino 2 is a shield that adds a bright 4.3 inch touchscreen, an embedded GPU, headphone jack, accelerometer and microSD slot to your Arduino – or anything else with an SPI interface. Everything you need to create compelling games – right in your hand.
Sound output is via an amplified headphone jack. The system supports a selection of built-in samples and instruments, and can also play samples from video memory, at up to 48KHz.
The sound and graphics are definitely old-school, but thanks to the latest FPGA technology,
the sprite capabilities are a step above those in machines from the past.
Here are some handy stats:
- Video output is 480×272 pixels in 24-bit color
- OpenGL-style command set
- Up to 2000 sprites, any size
- 256 Kbytes of video RAM
- Smooth sprite rotate and zoom with bilinear filtering
- Smooth circle and line drawing in hardware – 16x antialiased
- JPEG loading in hardware
- Built-in rendering of gradients, text, dials and buttons
The FT800 graphics co-processor can handle media in several formats to reduce the memory footprint:
- Decodes JPEGs directly for lossless image loading, decompresses
- Audio samples can be 8-bit linear, uLaw or ADPCM
- High-quality fonts in 6 sizes
- Samples of 8 musical instruments, playable by MIDI note
- Samples of 10 percussion sounds
And of course you can load your own fonts and audio samples into the 256KB RAM.
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — Transforming Today’s Bad Jobs into Tomorrow’s Good Jobs
Wearables — Snap a picture
Electronics — To Y5V or not to Y5V?
Biohacking — Ticks are Spreading an Allergy to Meat
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.