Surya sent in their tool (free) for testing Arduino-based GPRS shields –
There are many Arduino-based GPRS shields available today. They make it easier to learn and develop applications that incorporate cellular technology. Strong ecosystem of other Arduino-based devices implies that developers have lot of options to integrate different components in to their solution.
AT Command Tester tool is a PC-based free online application that can be used by developers to test and learn various features of cellular technology.The tool works on popular browsers (Chrome/IE/Firefox/Safari). The tool connects to the GPRS shield via Arduino’s USB interface. Please check Arduino setup write-up on how to setup the communication.
GSM-based devices uses AT Commands as the primary software interface. The tool uses AT commands to communicate with the cellular modem devices.
Key features supported by AT Command Tester tool
- Single/Batch AT commands – Users can write/save/load scripts to send batch of AT commands.
- Diagnostics – Get modem diagnostics information such as device information, SIM status, network registration/connection status, device settings etc.
- Data/Voice call – With AT Command Tester, users can configure the device for making data calls. Users can also test both incoming/outgoing voice calls.
- Network Selection – With this feature, users can force the GPRS shields to select network of their choice.
- SMS – AT Command Tester provides a simple interface to send/receive SMS messages.
- TCP/UDP – Module manufacturers provide embedded TCP/UDP stack so that developers can incorporate common applications such as HTTP, FTP, Email etc in to their soloutions. AT Command Tester provides a easy to use interface to test TCP/UDP on M2M modules.
- GPS – Many M2M modules support built-in GPS functionality. Developers can use this feature to develop location-based applications. AT Command Tester provides interface to get GPS data from the module.
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — Limor Fried featured in NYC’s HER BIG IDEA!
Wearables — Get concrete solutions
Electronics — Probe Compensation
Biohacking — Dr. Rita Levi-Montalcini was a Centenarian Gonzo Biohacker
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.