I remembered that Nixie I had lying around, and, that many years later, I thought I might give it a go to make a pendant. I also had this friend in a low moment, and I dediced to improvise a Dieselpunk photoshoot to cheer her up a bit. (and also have a nice model for the pendant, if I managed to get it to work.
Since it was improvised, I didn’t had much time to get the nixie working. I happened to have a used electroluminiscent driver from work, rated at 5/100V, and supercharged it with 12V, thus having around 200V at the output. Yeah, you guessed it, efficiency went down the drain in there, but it worked.