If you’re considering cosplaying as Iron Man, you have more choices than the classic red and gold armor. Instructables user mizunohadouken opted to build Tony Starks’ Stealth Armor. It was crafted from 110 pounds of cardstock, EVA foam, hot glue gun, body filler, electronics, and more over the course of 8 months. The face plate is mechanized and the eyes, reactor, and repulsor light up. It’s impressive. Here’s info on how painted and weathered the armor:
Materials I used:
-Automotive spray paint
-Automotive clear coat
-Detail paint brushes
-Black acrylic paint
-Rub N Buff pewter
1) After each piece was primed and wet sanded with 400 grit, the piece is ready to paint
2) I applied 3 cost of spray paint, 10 minutes between coats (photos 1, 4, 5)
3) 30 minutes after the last coat of colored paint, I applied 3 coats of automotive clear to protect the paint and give it some extra shine (photo 2)
4) The next day, I used a small detail brush and acrylic black paint to “dirty” up the armor. I would apply the acrylic paint, then wipe off the excess with a wet rag. (photo 3)
5) The last part to give a damaged look is applying some Rub N Buff with a small detail brush and carefully rubbing off the excess to give a scratched metal effect.
Stop breadboarding and soldering – start making immediately! Adafruit’s Circuit Playground is jam-packed with LEDs, sensors, buttons, alligator clip pads and more. Build projects with Circuit Playground in a few minutes with the drag-and-drop MakeCode programming site, learn computer science using the CS Discoveries class on code.org, jump into CircuitPython to learn Python and hardware together, TinyGO, or even use the Arduino IDE. Circuit Playground Express is the newest and best Circuit Playground board, with support for CircuitPython, MakeCode, and Arduino. It has a powerful processor, 10 NeoPixels, mini speaker, InfraRed receive and transmit, two buttons, a switch, 14 alligator clip pads, and lots of sensors: capacitive touch, IR proximity, temperature, light, motion and sound. A whole wide world of electronics and coding is waiting for you, and it fits in the palm of your hand.