Here’s a handy tool for MODO created by Braid Art Labs (creators of GroBoto) that permits an intuitive workflow for cascades of boolean operations (similar to how you might add, subtract, union elements in a CAD package such as Solidworks), but within a mesh/subdivision universe perfect for 3D artists who are creating mesh-based models, characters, and environments for film, animation, industrial design, and 3D printing.
Those not working extensively in CAD or mesh/subdiv modeling might not guess at first how unusual this tool is — and why folks working in design for 3D printing and product design are pretty excited about it. For those from either camp who have been envious of tools on the other side of the divide, this is a big deal.
MeshFusion takes away the challenge of complex and frustrating boolean operations and makes the process of producing high quality models consistent and accurate.
By adding MeshFusion to your MODO workflow, you will be able to take advantage of new modeling operations that will let you interactively blend, add and subtract objects to create consistently high quality Subdivision Surface (SDS) models faster and more efficiently than ever before.
Why add MeshFusion to MODO?
- Create booleans between subdivision surface (SDS) objects
- Control the blending between the resulting surfaces
- Edit assembly instructions creatively with three intuitive editing modes (3D Tree Fusion, Schematic Fusion and Fusion Strip)
- Use with deformers and other MODO modeling tools, giving freedom to experiment more
- Final mesh output is a single unified mesh ready for further editing or export to .STL for 3D printing