littleBits is looking for a super talented and enthusiastic Community and Content Manager to join our team. We’re looking for a geek at heart who understands the littleBits mission and brand to the core. You have energy to spare, wit, and are a natural-born social creature, both on- and offline. We’re a small team searching for the right person to grow with our expanding and passionate community of makers, and grow our sales accordingly. The role will include managing our communication channels, writing blog posts and newsletters, editorial, fostering and growing our community online and off, creating content and community partnerships, and driving sales through our customer base.
We’re looking for the drive and genuine excitement in you, that will go hand in hand with joining an ambitious start-up. We are a team of focused and fun-loving people who’s mission is to break the boundaries between the products we consume and the things we make. To turn everyone into an inventor.
But remember, littleBits is a startup, you must be self-driven and willing to get your hands dirty. If you are not ready for all the excitement, opportunities and challenges that come with a startup, this is not for you.
– Be a driving force behind our community strategy, planning and outreach
– Communicate with and actively engage the littleBits community
– Share our projects, events, and workshops with the world
– Create and execute on content, community and sales partnerships
– Creatively and proactively assist our community and customers via forums, email, and in-person communication
– Facilitate and help multiply community-run events and workshops in the world
– Lead our communication, on the website, with press and PR.
– Edit website content including workshop listings, event descriptions, and product launch copy
– Create, manage, and grow the company’s following through social media and other online outlets
– Deploy tools and technologies to constantly monitor online social spaces; share findings through a weekly dashboard (to be developed) with littleBits’ teams
– Implement sales and marketing recommendations to improve community engagement with the products and the website
– Drive small and large sales initiatives through partnerships, workshops, content syndication and other channels
– Lead our ambassador program and foster a group of evangelists around the world that spread our mission and grow our customer base
– Listen to the community. Proactively escalate issues, observations, opportunities, and insights to the littleBits team
– Foster a community of developers and educators and support their efforts
– Create dialogues among members of the community and grow activity drastically
– 5+ years experience building community for a high-profile brand
– Track record in growing and engaging a community with relevant metrics
– Great aesthetic sensibility and understanding of the playful littleBits brand
– Storytelling skills
– Be a closer, know how to take a partnership deal from start to finish in a smooth and fast way
– Metrics driven
– Strategic thinking and strong writing and communication skills
– Ability to foster both online and offline community
– Highly personable and able to work well across teams
– Sense of humor and passion for creating and making things
– Works fast and efficiently
– Tech savvy
– Technical background a major plus (such as an engineer, developer, hacker, coder, tinkerer, hands-on designer)
– Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite specifically Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign
– Proficient in developing/tracking metrics for online activity, page views, community activity
– Seamless knowledge and use of social media communications platforms such as Twitter/Facebook/Tumblr/Pinterest/Instagram
– Photography and video skills a plus
– Proficient in using Salesforce
– The chance to get in at the ground level of a world-changing company
– Competitive salary, benefits and options plan
– Fun, creative and challenging work environment
– Position is full-time in our Greenwich Village office
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — “InstaPart: Get Any Symbol & Footprint in 24 Hours – SnapEDA”
Wearables — App know how
Electronics — To Y5V or not to Y5V?
Biohacking — Nootropic : Methylene Blue – The Mood, Memory and Energy Enhancer
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.