littleBits is looking for a super talented and enthusiastic Community and Content Manager to join our team. We’re looking for a geek at heart who understands the littleBits mission and brand to the core. You have energy to spare, wit, and are a natural-born social creature, both on- and offline. We’re a small team searching for the right person to grow with our expanding and passionate community of makers, and grow our sales accordingly. The role will include managing our communication channels, writing blog posts and newsletters, editorial, fostering and growing our community online and off, creating content and community partnerships, and driving sales through our customer base.
We’re looking for the drive and genuine excitement in you, that will go hand in hand with joining an ambitious start-up. We are a team of focused and fun-loving people who’s mission is to break the boundaries between the products we consume and the things we make. To turn everyone into an inventor.
But remember, littleBits is a startup, you must be self-driven and willing to get your hands dirty. If you are not ready for all the excitement, opportunities and challenges that come with a startup, this is not for you.
– Be a driving force behind our community strategy, planning and outreach
– Communicate with and actively engage the littleBits community
– Share our projects, events, and workshops with the world
– Create and execute on content, community and sales partnerships
– Creatively and proactively assist our community and customers via forums, email, and in-person communication
– Facilitate and help multiply community-run events and workshops in the world
– Lead our communication, on the website, with press and PR.
– Edit website content including workshop listings, event descriptions, and product launch copy
– Create, manage, and grow the company’s following through social media and other online outlets
– Deploy tools and technologies to constantly monitor online social spaces; share findings through a weekly dashboard (to be developed) with littleBits’ teams
– Implement sales and marketing recommendations to improve community engagement with the products and the website
– Drive small and large sales initiatives through partnerships, workshops, content syndication and other channels
– Lead our ambassador program and foster a group of evangelists around the world that spread our mission and grow our customer base
– Listen to the community. Proactively escalate issues, observations, opportunities, and insights to the littleBits team
– Foster a community of developers and educators and support their efforts
– Create dialogues among members of the community and grow activity drastically
– 5+ years experience building community for a high-profile brand
– Track record in growing and engaging a community with relevant metrics
– Great aesthetic sensibility and understanding of the playful littleBits brand
– Storytelling skills
– Be a closer, know how to take a partnership deal from start to finish in a smooth and fast way
– Metrics driven
– Strategic thinking and strong writing and communication skills
– Ability to foster both online and offline community
– Highly personable and able to work well across teams
– Sense of humor and passion for creating and making things
– Works fast and efficiently
– Tech savvy
– Technical background a major plus (such as an engineer, developer, hacker, coder, tinkerer, hands-on designer)
– Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite specifically Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign
– Proficient in developing/tracking metrics for online activity, page views, community activity
– Seamless knowledge and use of social media communications platforms such as Twitter/Facebook/Tumblr/Pinterest/Instagram
– Photography and video skills a plus
– Proficient in using Salesforce
– The chance to get in at the ground level of a world-changing company
– Competitive salary, benefits and options plan
– Fun, creative and challenging work environment
– Position is full-time in our Greenwich Village office
As 2022 starts, let’s take some time to share our goals for CircuitPython in 2022. Just like past years (full summary 2019, 2020, and 2021), we’d like everyone in the CircuitPython community to contribute by posting their thoughts to some public place on the Internet. Here are a few ways to post: a video on YouTub, a post on the CircuitPython forum, a blog post on your site, a series of Tweets, a Gist on GitHub. We want to hear from you. When you post, please add #CircuitPython2022 and email email@example.com to let us know about your post so we can blog it up here.
Stop breadboarding and soldering – start making immediately! Adafruit’s Circuit Playground is jam-packed with LEDs, sensors, buttons, alligator clip pads and more. Build projects with Circuit Playground in a few minutes with the drag-and-drop MakeCode programming site, learn computer science using the CS Discoveries class on code.org, jump into CircuitPython to learn Python and hardware together, TinyGO, or even use the Arduino IDE. Circuit Playground Express is the newest and best Circuit Playground board, with support for CircuitPython, MakeCode, and Arduino. It has a powerful processor, 10 NeoPixels, mini speaker, InfraRed receive and transmit, two buttons, a switch, 14 alligator clip pads, and lots of sensors: capacitive touch, IR proximity, temperature, light, motion and sound. A whole wide world of electronics and coding is waiting for you, and it fits in the palm of your hand.
Have an amazing project to share? The Electronics Show and Tell is every Wednesday at 7pm ET! To join, head over to YouTube and check out the show’s live chat – we’ll post the link there.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Maker Business — Pololu’s account of the chip shortage
Wearables — Stay frosty
Electronics — High voltage logic
Python for Microcontrollers — Python on Microcontrollers Newsletter: CircuitPython 2022 Survey, Python #1 in 2021 and more! #Python #CircuitPython @micropython @ThePSF
Adafruit IoT Monthly — 2021 in Recap!
Microsoft MakeCode — MakeCode Thank You!
EYE on NPI — Maxim’s Himalaya uSLIC Step-Down Power Module #EyeOnNPI @maximintegrated @digikey
New Products – Adafruit Industries – Makers, hackers, artists, designers and engineers! — New Products 1/12/22 Feat. Adafruit QT Py ESP32-S2 WiFi Dev Board with uFL Antenna Port – STEMMA QT!
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.