Stop breadboarding and soldering – start making immediately! Adafruit’s Circuit Playground is jam-packed with LEDs, sensors, buttons, alligator clip pads and more. Build projects with Circuit Playground in a few minutes with the drag-and-drop MakeCode programming site, learn computer science using the CS Discoveries class on code.org, jump into CircuitPython to learn Python and hardware together, or even use Arduino IDE. Circuit Playground Express is the newest and best Circuit Playground board, with support for MakeCode, CircuitPython, and Arduino. It has a powerful processor, 10 NeoPixels, mini speaker, InfraRed receive and transmit, two buttons, a switch, 14 alligator clip pads, and lots of sensors: capacitive touch, IR proximity, temperature, light, motion and sound. A whole wide world of electronics and coding is waiting for you, and it fits in the palm of your hand.
Python for Microcontrollers — Python snakes its way on the SparkFun SAMD21 Mini, Hackaday.io, 10k thanks, and Tim’s magazine #Python #Adafruit #CircuitPython @circuitpython @micropython @ThePSF @Adafruit
Get the only spam-free daily newsletter about wearables, running a "maker business", electronic tips and more! Subscribe at AdafruitDaily.com !
1) what are good techniques to prevent or cover up sharp edges of components and connectors? Round circuit boards and conductive thread are a good start of course 😀 Printing ovoid project boxes might help. Covering it all in Sugru or polymorph when it’s finished is another approach, but seriously, who ever *finishes* a project? 😉
2) what are the main causes of failure you’ve seen in wearables and how can we build more robust projects?
3) what precautions should we take against fire, especially for high-powered projects? Atttaching large LiPo batteries to myself makes me nervous… I build in quick-release mechanisms and use non-synthetic fabrics, but I have no idea whether that would really be much help. (It happens! http://blog.ryangrieve.com/the-raspberry-pipboy/)
4) more on safety: how can an electronics novice judge at what point the (current? voltage? not even sure) of a project or component is dangerous?
5) what are good techniques and products to waterproof wearables?
Can I buy the bucket of red LED’s you used to make the candies and you can no longer sell?