Get the only spam-free daily newsletter about wearables, running a "maker business", electronic tips and more! Subscribe at AdafruitDaily.com !
1) what are good techniques to prevent or cover up sharp edges of components and connectors? Round circuit boards and conductive thread are a good start of course 😀 Printing ovoid project boxes might help. Covering it all in Sugru or polymorph when it’s finished is another approach, but seriously, who ever *finishes* a project? 😉
2) what are the main causes of failure you’ve seen in wearables and how can we build more robust projects?
3) what precautions should we take against fire, especially for high-powered projects? Atttaching large LiPo batteries to myself makes me nervous… I build in quick-release mechanisms and use non-synthetic fabrics, but I have no idea whether that would really be much help. (It happens! http://blog.ryangrieve.com/the-raspberry-pipboy/)
4) more on safety: how can an electronics novice judge at what point the (current? voltage? not even sure) of a project or component is dangerous?
5) what are good techniques and products to waterproof wearables?
Can I buy the bucket of red LED’s you used to make the candies and you can no longer sell?