NEW INC: New Museum’s Art Incubator Applications Now Open: First Round Due April 1st, 2014. Check out the video from the Verge about the incubator above as well! (Note, applications are accepted on a rolling basis, don’t wait!)
NEW INC, the first museum-led incubator, is a shared workspace and professional development program designed to support creative practitioners working in areas of art, technology, and design. Conceived by the New Museum in 2013, the incubator is a not-for-profit platform that furthers the Museum’s ongoing commitment to new art and new ideas. Launching in summer 2014, NEW INC will provide a collaborative space for a highly selective, interdisciplinary community of one hundred members to investigate new ideas and develop a sustainable practice.
Creatives today are working in unique ways that are cross-disciplinary, collaborative, leveraging technology, and increasingly straddling the line between culture and commerce. Because they are exploring new modes of cultural production, the professional landscape in which they work is still undefined, and few resources and systems exist to support these enterprises, or to address the unique challenges they are encountering. NEW INC provides a lab-like environment and framework for the development of new ideas, practices, and models in the pursuit of innovation.
Over the course of a twelve-month residency, members will have access to full-time and part-time coworking desk space, shared resources, events, and professional development programming, as well as a robust network of mentors and advisors that includes members of the New Museum’s staff and affiliates. NEW INC members will also benefit from developing their ideas under the umbrella of the Museum, working in close proximity to Museum artists-in-residence, programs, and affiliates like IDEAS CITY and Rhizome, as well as our anchor tenant, Columbia University Graduate School of Architecture, Planning and Preservation (GSAPP) Studio-X….
We are currently accepting applications for full-time and part-time memberships for the inaugural year of NEW INC, scheduled to kick off in August 2014.
April 1, 2014. Applicants will be reviewed and accepted on a ROLLING BASIS.
- Membership is only open to emerging professionals not currently enrolled in an academic program who are US citizens or already have a valid visa for conducting business in the US.
- Individuals and small teams of up to four people are eligible for membership.
- Full-time memberships require a twelve-month commitment and participation in the professional development program. Part-time memberships are available for shorter terms but are subject to limited access to the space, resources, and programs.
- Applicants must have a body of work, project, product, or creative enterprise positioned at the intersection of technology, art, and design.
- A limited number of subsidized desk fellowships will be available for applicants who demonstrate exceptional talent but lack financial means.
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — TechShop is closed, files bankruptcy
Wearables — Don’t shy away from intricacy
Electronics — Are you grounded?
Biohacking — Learning to See with Sound
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.